Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:43:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:40:17 PM]

[Today at 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[Today at 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[Today at 11:35:40 AM]

[Today at 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Bank-fishing spots?? vicinity of Stevenson, WA  (Read 3187 times)

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Hey all.  My wife is going to a conference at the Skamania Lodge first part of May and I was going to tag along.  I'm not going to take along a boat or anything, but I was wondering if there are enough bank-fishing opportunities nearby that I could take a shot at (I can get away with a little bit of tackle tucked away in the back).  Anyone around there with local knowledge?

Jim
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Checkout bank fishing @ Drano if the counts over the dam are looking good. It's combat fishing at its best but it can be good.
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
Thanks.  Combat fishing isn't really my thing, but I'll take a look at it... 

Jim
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

Trident 13

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2016
Just in case the combat fishing by the water creates any tension, I picked up several "pint bass", just north of the lodge on the WA side at the Walking Man Brewing and followed up on several more nice ones at Thunder Island Brewing just across the bridge on the OR side. 

MurseStrong

• Lingcod
  • 2009 OK T11 2016 Hobie Revo 13 2018 Hobie Revo 13
  • Date Registered: Dec 2013
Thanks.  Combat fishing isn't really my thing, but I'll take a look at it... 

Jim

Combat is not my thing either but this is a special place & occasion for many reasons. Front row stadium seats; you can really learn a lot here from some of the biggest & best of fishing in our area.
If You Know The Answer, Ask Bigger Questions

"You are killing me, fish, the old man thought. But you have a right to. Never have I seen a greater, or more beautiful, or a calmer or more noble thing than you, brother."
-The Old Man and the Sea

uplandsandpiper

The mouth of the Wind River can be very productive for spring Chinook. Toss red herringbone or green chartreuse herringbone MagWarts underneath the railroad tracks right on the highway.

Smallmouth Bass are ubiquitous on any rocky shoreline. Crankbaits in crawfish or "smolt" patterns are a good bet as are tube jigs in craw colors.

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
Thanks for the pointers and info.  I should clarify that my intent is mostly to go toss a line in and spend some time playing around on the waters edge.  Catching something would be a bonus, and would be C&R since we wouldn't have a way to do anything with them for several days. 

No Columbia River endorsement on my license.  I have to check and find out if it's required for non salmon fishing. 

A fun discussion so far 😎

yaktastic

• A cowboy in a kayak? I never was normal.
  • Salmon
  • shut up and let me fish.
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
Thanks for the pointers and info.  I should clarify that my intent is mostly to go toss a line in and spend some time playing around on the waters edge.  Catching something would be a bonus, and would be C&R since we wouldn't have a way to do anything with them for several days. 

No Columbia River endorsement on my license.  I have to check and find out if it's required for non salmon fishing. 

Not required unless your targeting salmon, Steelhead  or sturgeon.
4th place 2017 TBKD Rockfish.

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel

Not required unless your targeting salmon, Steelhead  or sturgeon.

Thanks 🙂 I did find it in there later on... 

anything