Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: ***** 2017 ORC Taco Feed *****  (Read 13431 times)

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Updated the list up top.

Food items I do not yet have listed as claimed:
cabbage
additional sides
additional desserts

For cooking items, what I need most out of that list:
wire baskets for fryers
thermometers for oil (I think we have 1 coming, 1 more would be ideal)
tongs
a wire mesh scooper

In case it was missed in between other updates, I definitely have a thermometer and wire basket for my fryer.

Also, my son won't be attending this year - busy working on the weekends.  So we may have to recruit some more runners...

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
Sam - I think yours was the thermometer I was thinking of.

Too bad your son won't make it.  But I'm pretty sure we'll be able to have enough runners.  I'll grab someone random if I have to.  :)
2012 ORC 5th Place

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
I'll bring some abalone to bbq & cut into strips for finger food. Expect it to go fast.

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I'll bring some abalone to bbq & cut into strips for finger food. Expect it to go fast.
I've always wanted to try abalone.  That's so cool you'll bring some to share!

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
I'll also be bringing a minimum of one case of beer, plus the remnants of case #2 from Friday night.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
I will bring some shredded cheddar/jack blend, so we're probably pretty good on cheese.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
I'll also be bringing a minimum of one case of beer, plus the remnants of case #2 from Friday night.

We are officially BYOB.  Your generosity is greatly appreciated, but for the sake of our organizers and insurance providers, I won't be noting that as a contribution to the taco feed.  Wish I could though.

I'll be bringing some Ninkasi TD-IPA.  Might bring some homebrew too.  And Scotch.  Unofficially of course.
2012 ORC 5th Place

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
OK.  I've updated the OP with the latest contributions.  As of now don't expect me to update it any further.  However there are still some items needed.  If you will be atttending the taco feed and you haven't volunteered to bring anything yet, take a look at the first post and pick something to bring.  We still need cabbage, and several cooking related items. 

I don't have many people signed up for set up or clean up.  If you do nothing else for the taco feed, helping out there is huge.  I WILL start grabbing random people and setting them tasks if I don't get enough volunteers.  The more people help out the less work it is for everyone.
2012 ORC 5th Place

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
Oh yeah.  Saturday, please start bringing your food items and cooking items to the area where we'll be cooking/serving (if weather is good that will be by the covered area near the river, if weather sucks it'll be in the barn) around 3-4PM.  If you have a side or something that needs to stay warm you may want to hold off bringing it down until closer to 5PM, but otherwise I'll be starting to set things up around 3PM so we can be cooking a bit before 5PM, so food is ready to start serving 5PM.  Assuming all goes according to plan anyway.

As mentioned earlier, if food is running a bit late, please be patient.  We're all volunteers, nobody is getting paid for this, and we're all going to be a bit tired after fishing.
2012 ORC 5th Place

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016

We are officially BYOB.  Your generosity is greatly appreciated, but for the sake of our organizers and insurance providers, I won't be noting that as a contribution to the taco feed.  Wish I could though.

I'll be bringing some Ninkasi TD-IPA.  Might bring some homebrew too.  And Scotch.  Unofficially of course.

Good to know - Will unofficially be bringing a bottle of something for the kitchen crew as well.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
I've got 2 cutting boards: one large, one small. Binging a 2 burner propane stove, 5 gals. propane, tongs & filet knife. Bringing an unofficial case of Ninkasi TD & a bottle of something else that I intend to help the kitchen crew drink. I'll help clean up.

williamesch

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
Oh yeah.  Saturday, please start bringing your food items and cooking items to the area where we'll be cooking/serving (if weather is good that will be by the covered area near the river, if weather sucks it'll be in the barn) around 3-4PM.  If you have a side or something that needs to stay warm you may want to hold off bringing it down until closer to 5PM, but otherwise I'll be starting to set things up around 3PM so we can be cooking a bit before 5PM, so food is ready to start serving 5PM.  Assuming all goes according to plan anyway.

As mentioned earlier, if food is running a bit late, please be patient.  We're all volunteers, nobody is getting paid for this, and we're all going to be a bit tired after fishing.

Just let me know if you need anything else. Hapoy to help set up or break down. I also have a 3 burner campchef tundra 3x if you needbto use it, A very large white cooler i will bring the soda and water in, 3 cutting boards, fillet knifes if needed. Just let me know before friday afternoon so i can stop in town.

2016 Angler of the day- 1st place
2019 ORC - 3rd place

2016 hobie outback
2019 old town topwater
2021 Wilderness systems recon

bb2fish

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I like cutting fish and would be glad to help if needed. Is that going to take place at depoe bay ramp or at the campground? I can bring some ice and fish coolers for donated fish.

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Mark me down for another year of drunken fish cutting.

SamM

• Lingcod
  • McDowellHome
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Just let me know if you need anything else.

Probably best  to take a look at the top post and find something there that hasn't already been spoken for - going to be fewer folks monitoring this thread going into tomorrow.

I like cutting fish and would be glad to help if needed. Is that going to take place at depoe bay ramp or at the campground? I can bring some ice and fish coolers for donated fish.

Looking forward to seeing you Barb!  There is/are usually coolers at the weigh-in station for the donated fish - I'm sure another cooler with ice would be welcome.  For fish processing, it seems that is usually mostly handled at camp (especially the drunken kind).  Though if the cleaning station at the ramp is lightly used, might be a good idea to do some processing there beforehand as well.

Mark me down for another year of drunken fish cutting.

That reminds me, if somebody is looking for a last minute item...  First aid kit and bandages for the fish station!  ;D

-Sam
got stop wishing,
     got to go fishing...
          - Jimmy Buffett

Hobie Oasis, Outback, i11s

anything