Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Almost here... Stealth Yak to arrive in Santa Rosa, CA today or tomorrow.  (Read 5868 times)

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
I believe the US alternative is the Eddyline Carribeans .  Congratulations on your new ride. Always been envious the South Africans built th for themselves and only recently started sharing.

23 Jan. 20: just checked, Eddyline is made in Burlington, WA. Largest SOT for fishing is 14 Ft.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:31:35 PM by [WR] »
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
I didn't consider the Eddyline to be the US version, still to fat & short. 
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

toofazt

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Sep 2019
Have you taken delivery of it? Everything in one piece?

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
I didn't consider the Eddyline to be the US version, still to fat & short.

True, but Eddyline seems to be the only US maker even coming close to using the same materials in a SOT configuration.   And honestly,  that doesn't speak well for kayak makers in this country.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
Weight and speed.  It weighs 40 lbs less than my revo and is considerably faster.

I would assume that weight reduction comes at the cost in durability?
no they are made of hand laid fiberglass or carbon fiber. If anything they would have less flex going on compared to a rotomold.
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
Have you taken delivery of it? Everything in one piece?

Yes came in fine, used a local shipper and everything was good to go.   I still have to rig it, but that is on me not the company. I picked up some Scotty parts to and had to buy a new transducer cable for my older Lowrance Mark 4. I tis an older B&W unit but it works so I could not see dropping money for a new unit.  I am doing something different this time around and starting off using a side mount/hang off the side of the yak scotty transducer mount before I go to trying to shoot it through the hull. 

I need to post some pics soon, would prefer to have a few of it on the water so I have been holding out.
aka Kevin

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
before I go to trying to shoot it through the hull

Might be worth it to buy some plumbers/electrical putty from home depot and mount the transducer with that first to see if it shoots through the hull. It's like $5.

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I picked up some Scotty parts to and had to buy a new transducer cable for my older Lowrance Mark 4. I tis an older B&W unit but it works so I could not see dropping money for a new unit.  I am doing something different this time around and starting off using a side mount/hang off the side of the yak scotty transducer mount before I go to trying to shoot it through the hull.

Obviously it's your boat so set it up anyway you want, but to me that's like putting old, rusty steel, snow wheels on a new Ferrari.  You've spent a lot already, pimp your ride with a great FF.  With a boat that fast there is no way I'd have anything hanging over the side killing speed.  Shoot through transducer for sure.

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin
  • Date Registered: May 2013
If it works, don't fix it (says the guy [me] with three finders but only two kayaks).  Oops!
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
I picked up some Scotty parts to and had to buy a new transducer cable for my older Lowrance Mark 4. I tis an older B&W unit but it works so I could not see dropping money for a new unit.  I am doing something different this time around and starting off using a side mount/hang off the side of the yak scotty transducer mount before I go to trying to shoot it through the hull.

Obviously it's your boat so set it up anyway you want, but to me that's like putting old, rusty steel, snow wheels on a new Ferrari.  You've spent a lot already, pimp your ride with a great FF.  With a boat that fast there is no way I'd have anything hanging over the side killing speed.  Shoot through transducer for sure.

Like most of us, we have a better half who dictates the purse strings, and my minister of finance has said use the old one first,  replacement cable was bought, and the FF works fine.  I like the idea of the plumbers putty, and I may try that.  My thoughts with the Scotty side mount was to see if I get better performance with the transducer in the water versus shooting through the hull.  Part of me thinks the side mount could be used off the stern as well, running the cable through the hull would be a pain in the butt. and I am really trying to avoid taking a drill to this one.
aka Kevin

Reelnice

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jun 2020
Got the word from Ruben at Stealth USA, that my yak and 28 others is on its way from Houston to Santa Rosa, CA (Where Ruben is based out of). Once he gets everything unloaded and sorted out and we make shipping arrangements, "The Big Orange Crush," the "Triple Nickle," Fisha 555 will hopefully be here before the end of the month. Knock on wood. The attached images are from South Africa at the Stealth Factory.

Those are some good lookin rigs!

sleepyogre

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: May 2015
I have my eyes on the new Stealth Fusion 480. Can't wait!