Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:52:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI  (Read 11998 times)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
I just want a buckle!   ;D
There has never been a repeat winner.  This could be the year of Spot.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I just want a buckle!   ;D
There has never been a repeat winner.  This could be the year of Spot.
This could also be the year for a repeat ;)

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Work Sharp sent another great prize for the BCS VI.

Along with their Guided Field Sharpener, they sent their top of the line Ken Onion Knife and Tool Sharpener for some lucky anglers to win. We love having local sponsors and being located in Ashland, OR certainly qualifies. These sharpeners are very easy to use and puts an edge on almost anything. Check them out at www.worksharptools.com or come over to Hewitt Park and try mine.

Thanks for the great donation Heather.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 08:15:33 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Team Crappie sent a mess o gear that has crappie written all over it. Literally :D

Team Crappie is a part of the Road Runner lineup and are proven fish catchers. These lures are very versatile in the way that you can work them, the ability to change out the trailers to match the bite, and the ability to catch multiple species. Perfect for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout format.

Find all of the TTI Blakemore brands at http://www.ttiblakemore.com/order/product/team-crappie/team-crappie-kit/mr-crappie-all-conditions-kit 
and
http://www.ttiblakemore.com/order/product-category/road-runner/road-runner-lures-rigged

Thank you for the great donation Ron
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 02:26:23 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
ICEMULE is back on the prize table!

Stoked to have an ICEMULE Pro (L) up for grabs this year. The company produces tough soft side coolers for those on the go. Visit https://icemulecoolers.com/ to see what models they offer and one that fits your needs.

I'm still using my Pro Catch Cooler that I got years ago and it's still keeping fish cold after a long day on the water.

Thanks for the donation Anne.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 08:49:33 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
HydroKaddy has come through again with a great prize for the table, a gift certificate for a $200.

Description:
The HydroKaddy is a versatile water tight accessory for anything on the water! It’s ideal for those kayak or SUP camping trips. Great for keeping your catch on ice while spear diving. A must have accessory while kayak or SUP fishing. And even nice to have while boating.

I think it would have been awesome to have one of these when I was spearfishing to keep the blood out of the water but this product could be used in a bunch of other ways.

Find their gear and other ideas at https://kayakkaddy.com/product/hydro-kaddy-2/

Thank you for the continued support Ryan.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Excited to have a new sponsor this year.

Bink's Pro Series Spoons sent a mess of spoons for the BCS VI. Ballard Brad and a few of the Seattle guys have been killing the crappie on these lures. He says the are super productive, especially when fish are holding in deep water. They also work excellent for catching other species such as perch and trout and will be a great lure to use at Brownlee. Columbia river walleye also comes to mind. I can't wait to try them.

https://www.binkspoons.com/ has a huge variety of spoons and other gear for almost every type of fish. Definitely worth checking them out.

Thank you for the donation Kevin.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 03:14:35 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Big Hammer sent some Mini Hammers to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 6. These lures are very very effective by them selves or in paired with other lures and should have a place in any tackle box. From Lingcod to Crappie, Big Hammer makes a size and model for all species.

When crappie fishing is slow, I like to change out my Road Runner skirt with a Mini Hammer to add some tail thump and change the lure action a little.

Find the whole Big Hammer line up at http://www.swimbait.com/ and http://www.sunrizetackle.com/shop

Thank you for the great donation Pete.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 02:31:00 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Excited to have PowerTraveller as a new sponsor for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 6.

PowerTraveller makes a wide range of device and solar chargers that are built to withstand the tough conditions that kayak anglers seem to gravitate to. They offer styles that will fit any task and are reasonably priced. These products would be useful on multi day trips where land based power may be hard to find or as a back while on the go.

Prizes are:

Sport 25 Portable Power Bank-

Quick look

What can the Sport 25 recharge?

Tablet - 1/2 to 1 times | Smartphone - 1 to 3 times

GPS - 1 to 2 times | Action Camera - 3 to 4 times

Smartwatch - 10 to 12 times | Headtorch - 3 to 4 times

Harrier Portable Wireless Power Pack-

Quick look

What can the Harrier 25 recharge?

Smartphone - 2 to 3 times | Sat Phone - 2 times

GPS - 2 to 3 times | Action Camera - 3 to 4 times

Smartwatch - 15 to 26 times | Headtorch - 5 to 9 times

Phoenix 90 Portable Multi Voltage Charger-

Quick look

What can the Phoenix 90 recharge?

Laptop - 1 time | Tablet - 2 to 3 times

Smartphone - 7 to 9 times | Sat Phone - 5 to 7 times

GPS - 14 to 16 times | Action Camera - 11 to 14 times

Smartwatch - 35 to 40 times | Head Torch - 14 to 16 times

All three are water and dust proof.

Find the further details for these prizes and see the other gear that PowerTraveller offers at https://us.powertraveller.com/

Thank you Harry and Jane for the awesome prizes.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 06:43:25 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
This is definitely a top prize from Werner Paddles.

Werner sent a gift certificate for a brand spankin new paddle worth up to $315.

True story: I got a Hooked Camano when I used an Ocean Kayak and carry it now on my Hobie. Four years ago as I was getting ready for a fishing trip, I backed over both sides of the paddle with the truck. One side was cracked pretty good so I tried to finish the job with my hands. They are so well built I couldn't get it to break.

Fast forward to 2019 and while fishing about a mile down stream of my truck on the Columbia, a cable in my drive snaps. That Camano performed flawlessly for the entire paddle back up river. I cannot praise these paddles enough and they are absolutely worth having even if you use a foot powered kayak.

Check out https://wernerpaddles.com/ to find top of the line paddles made right here in the PNW.

Thank you for the local support Trent and Taylor.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:40:20 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
VERY happy to have Z-MAN on the sponsor list this year.

The Z-MAN line of lures are very effective on pretty much all species of fish. I have been using them for years and I am still amazed at the variety of fish that will hit an unassuming 3 inch piece of plastic.
Their their voodoo magic ElaZtech lures are virtually indestructible and one worm can catch a hundred fish or more.

The Finesse TRD is a must for all tackle boxes and I wouldn't come to the BCS without at least a few different colors.

Find all of their gear at https://www.zmanfishing.com/cms/index.php I hear their Chatterbaits are pretty good too.

Thank you for the great lures Alex.

The fish in the pix below were all caught at the BCS venue.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 07:58:35 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
CUDA sent an interesting prize to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI this year. It is called the CUDA Tackle Center. Here's the overview:

This unique tool containment system provides you with a convenient place to store your Cuda tools. Fits securely into most cup holders and the turning ring at the base locks it into place. An excellent choice for kayaks where space and mobility are limited. Containment rods inside the tackle center hug the tools and keep them from shifting.  Fits multiple tools and knives of varying sizes.The net cover connects in 4 spots to keep tools in place. Easy to clean.  Instruction sheet included. Lifetime Warranty (excludes containment rods and net).

I constantly use my built in cup holders to hold gear while fishing so this may be a great way to better utilize the area. It feels super stout and looks well made. I'll be taking a closer look when the winner of this cool prize opens it up.

CUDA offers a range of solid gear. Many for salt water applications but a lot of cross over gear for the inland angler. Find their full line up at https://www.cudabrand.com/

Thank you for the neat prize Geri.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 08:55:19 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
SKWOOSH sent a couple of their cushions for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI prize table this year.

I have two of these handy cushions and we use them all of the time. In addition to using them on fishing seats, the fam discovered they are compact and easy to carry to football games to add comfort to the wood bleachers and keeps your butt dry when it's raining.

Visit https://skwoosh.com/ to find all of their useful products.

Thanks for the great prizes Katie.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 11:53:53 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Malone Auto Racks sent a couple of cool prizes to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI this year.

The first is their J Hoops Wall Storage System:

J-Hoops™ are a medium capacity wall storage system that safely holds most sit-inside and sit-on-top kayaks. The 1.00" round steel tubing is powder coated for rust prevention and covered with a thick layer of foam to protect the boat. Includes two lengths of mounting hardware and Lifetime Limited Warranty.

and a Striper-4 Fishing Rod Carrier:

The MPG126 Striper-4™ safely carries up to four large spinning rod & reels and conveniently attaches to most aftermarket and factory load bars (round, square and oval). Each unit is well built with corrosion resistant components and mounting hardware. These key locking carriers provide ample security to stop opportunity theft while safely transporting expensive rod & reel setups. Comes with assembly tools, keys, instructions and a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Note: Some assembly required

From roof racks and trailers to carts and tie downs, https://maloneautoracks.com/ has everything you need for kayak storage and transportation.

Thank you for the great donation Rachel.

anything