Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Level of interest in a Kingston and or Jeff's head salmon day?  (Read 3992 times)

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
Hey Codeman, the nice thing about Kingston is that it's over on the peninsula side.  Traffic is MUCH better over here.  Jump off I-5 in Tacoma, take 16 across the Narrows and up to Bremerton, then 3 up to Kingston. Easy peasy in comparison.

If you folks are coming from the Portland area, there is an alternate way (you can avoid Tacoma, and come up through Shelton/Belfair/Bremerton to Kingston):  See attached map.

Yes, that would avoid Tacoma. To make up for it, though, you have slower, windy road all the way up Hood Canal…. Six of one, half a dozen of the other!
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
  • A bad day of fishing is still better than a good d
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
Trying to give you options in case of traffic.

Point no point was a place I thought of, but you have a lot of shore fisherman. Thanks for the time recommendation in August.  I am trying to get out to Kingston soon to do a dry run and see how long it takes to get to Presidents Point and to the other areas left of the Ferry terminal.  The plus side of Kingston over Point no point, is it is pretty protected and new kayakers will have an easier time with it.  Parking is pretty straight forward, shore fishing is minimal, and few tourists to deal with. The other thing I like, that parking lot is patrolled. No worries of a meth head there.
US Army & Army National Guard Veteran of 34 years
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
Here is the map I was looking for along with a decent article to with it on riptide:

https://riptidefish.com/jeff-head-and-presidents-point-chinook-salmon-fishing/

I can't recall if Posted the second one or not, but I put it up for reference.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 08:49:46 AM by Squidder_K »
Veteran 36th Infantry Division "The Fighting Texans!," FOB Danger, Tikrit Iraq 2005
Boston Sports Fan since 1967, I have seen the highs, and the lows of Boston sports teams.
aka Kevin

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
Also, if any folks are coming in from out of state, be on the lookout for Aquatic Invasive Species checkpoints... First offense for blowing through one of those costs $150 and 1 point towards revocation of your fishing license, no matter how heavy the traffic and/or unfamiliar you are with the highway or the law.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:58:45 PM by bogueYaker »

Rockbottom

• Perch
  • Date Registered: May 2018
Also, if any folks are coming in from out of state, be on the lookout for Aquatic Invasive Species checkpoints... First offense for blowing through one of those costs $150 and 1 point towards revocation of your fishing license, no matter how heavy the traffic and/or unfamiliar you are with the highway or the law.
What do these look like?  I've been fishing every weekend and didn't even know these existed.  Thanks for heads up.
I'd also be interested, but unfortunately only weekday off is Friday.

bogueYaker

• Lingcod
  • Pace the halls and climb the walls
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
What do these look like?  I've been fishing every weekend and didn't even know these existed.  Thanks for heads up.
I'd also be interested, but unfortunately only weekday off is Friday.

I was going to refer you to the WDFW page on AIS checkpoints but I can't find it. I hope one exists, I just assumed that it does.

The checkpoint that I missed on westbound I90 in Spokane was marked by one, maybe two small (speed limit sized) signs. That was only my second time ever passing through that area, there was heavy traffic, and I'd already been driving for 7 hours... I didn't remember seeing the sign and had to use google maps street view when I got home to see what I'd missed & should be looking for in the future.

The only picture of the sign that I'm finding on google images links to a nutjob-wacko youtube video, so I'm not going to link it. The sign has a black border, white background, and black letters that read "Watercraft Check Station".
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:38:46 PM by bogueYaker »

Dawn Patrol

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
There was bait and chinook at Jeff Head this morning around the high. Best finder views I have seen in MA10 this season, nets out. Looks like they are starting to move in.

couriersean

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2020
Tides look fairly mellow on Friday. Weather permitting, is anybody planning to head out around Kingston and want to meetup?

Squidder_K

• Rockfish
Sorry I dropped this, we have had a couple of things happen this summer, one pet died waiting on surgery, another diagnosed with kidney cancer.  has kept us going to the vet.  An impinged rotator cuff has given me some issues as well.    My fault for not posting sooner.
aka Kevin

skayaker2

• Rockfish
  • Since 2010. Formerly known as "skayaker"
  • TAFKAS (The Angler Formerly Known As Skayaker)
  • Date Registered: May 2018
Sorry to hear about the rough summer. Rotator cuffs are a pain and can take a while to resolve, take care of yourself! I fished Jeff Head from a motor boat earlier in the season and was pretty good in most days. Later in the season things got very good on the eastside of Puget Sound so no need to do the crossing and I got to fish both from a motor boat or kayak. Nice coho around and some pinks still around in Central Puget Sound if you can get out safely, it has been pretty windy lately and forecast is pretty windier for the next few days too. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:10:05 PM by skayaker2 »