Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:49:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: South sound pink salmon - timing?  (Read 2952 times)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I'd like to try for some south sound pink salmon and it seems like now should be about the right timing - anyone care to weigh in?

I am specifically considering the Nisqually fishery, but I'm open to suggestions.

Related: Can you comfortably launch at a low tide of +1.4 at Luhr's Landing? (i.e. not have to wade through muck)

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014

If I were going to fish the can in the next couple of weeks, it wouldn't be for pinks.

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I'd like to try for some south sound pink salmon and it seems like now should be about the right timing - anyone care to weigh in?

I am specifically considering the Nisqually fishery, but I'm open to suggestions.

Related: Can you comfortably launch at a low tide of +1.4 at Luhr's Landing? (i.e. not have to wade through muck)

I was marking a bunch off the Nisqually a few weeks ago. Honestly I'd fish the North end of 11, you'll have more rivers they're returning to.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
OK thanks for the advice.

workhard

• Salmon

I'll post in here Monday with angler success as a gauge of run timing. Still wouldn't bother with South of the narrows unless you're willing to paddle up the Nisqually from Luhrs.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon

I'll post in here Monday with angler success as a gauge of run timing. Still wouldn't bother with South of the narrows unless you're willing to paddle up the Nisqually from Luhrs.

I would really appreciate that, thank you. I have been told that they show up later in the south sound area (than in the north sound area) but I may be misinformed. My main reasons for targeting them there instead of somewhere else are familiarity with the area, drive time, and other fishing opportunities in the same location. It looks like Steilacoom would have similar fishing opportunities, I've just never fished there before.

baldy

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
Just fished Dash Point two days straight. Not much action on the other boats I saw.

DWB123

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
Come on up to area 10 asap, get lines in shortly after sunrise and catch as many as you could ever want to in short order. It's lights out right now.

Lutefisk

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jul 2017
Following.

I would really like to catch some pink salmon in full color. Not to eat. Any suggestions when and where??

I wish that Nisqually River had more access points upriver..... there looks like a possible float from McKenna down to the canal discharge....any intel?

workhard

• Salmon
Peaks in the 1st and 2nd week of September with a really small success rate. I would definitely fish lower the section of the Nisqually by paddling up it from Luhrs.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
Interesting, thanks! At least the timing intel I received was accurate.

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2019
Come on up to area 10 asap, get lines in shortly after sunrise and catch as many as you could ever want to in short order. It's lights out right now.

For real. I've taken a break from fishing for a bit but MA10 has been lousy with mutant pinks in the 3 to 4 pound range (even managed to catch my first Chinook there too). Hopefully the ocean Coho bite will be as hot in a week or so as well.   :D
"It's OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings."  ~ Kurt Cobain

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
I don't know a lot about the area (MA10). Can you recommend a kayak launch that is friendly to a vehicle with a trailer?

workhard

• Salmon

Yes. The substrate isn't mud, it's compacted sand and gravel. I've launched at -2 by letting the kayak float down the creek and walking with it all the way to the edge of the flats.

DWB123

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2013
I don't know a lot about the area (MA10). Can you recommend a kayak launch that is friendly to a vehicle with a trailer?

shilshole marina