Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:31:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 01:30:17 PM]

by DBam
[Today at 10:23:23 AM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 07:01:25 PM]

[May 03, 2024, 05:31:42 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: fishing reports missing  (Read 2901 times)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Today's internet fishing report game is a whole 'nother beast compared to a decade ago, when there were far fewer kayak anglers. You only need to experience your favorite bay or river spot getting burned once to make you re-think what you share on a public forum. Especially when you put in the effort to dial in those fisheries yourself, without riding on someone else's coattails.

Well said, and sad but true.

I think a lot of us have been there. It's a delicate balance, because I want to encourage other kayakers to get out and find success on the water without blowing up spots. At this point I don't even mention lesser-known launches.

The bottom line is every year there's more people in the same amount of space, and I find myself driving farther to get out of this sport what drew me to it in the first place.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
I've read/scanned all recent posts...for a report by ANYONE who has been out on the water.    Did not find ONE...!!!...????      Just newbies introducing themselves.

Don't understand

juddsmith

It's a bit ironic that your first post is complaining about no reports and newbies introducing themselves, when you've done neither. We are generally very welcoming, and I'm glad you're here, but if your goal is just to skim reports there's probably better places.

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I've read/scanned all recent posts...for a report by ANYONE who has been out on the water.    Did not find ONE...!!!...????      Just newbies introducing themselves.

Don't understand

juddsmith

It's a bit ironic that your first post is complaining about no reports and newbies introducing themselves, when you've done neither. We are generally very welcoming, and I'm glad you're here, but if your goal is just to skim reports there's probably better places.
:police: ;D

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

Tinker

• Sturgeon
  • Kevin

Isn't it possible juddsmith has been lurking for a long time?  It would still be nice to see an introductory post but I can see at least one way it could have slipped their mind.
I expected the worst, but it was worse than I expected...

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
Don't understand
juddsmith

Uh, you're on the wrong forum. This is Northwest Kayak Anglers which covers from OREGON North and East.  Since you hail from Berkley, CAL I think you might have better luck getting on the NORCAL kayakers forum where reports will be more pertinent to the Bay Area and northern Cal coastline.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~