Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:55:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by PNW
[April 18, 2024, 11:35:40 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 10:02:38 AM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 11:59:14 AM]

[April 03, 2024, 10:23:24 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Depoe and PC Aug. 11th and 12th...  (Read 2635 times)

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
They were definitely Chinook. Smaller but too big to be Coho.
Copy that, thanks!
aMayesing Bros.

Wilyakfish

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jul 2021
1. Bob. I thought the wind looked worse but maybe not. What do I know? I plan to launch at Fogarty in the morning so hope to see you there.

2. Fred. Thanks for your detailed report. Sorry to hi jack your post. I need to learn how to use the forum tools better. My bad.

3. Anybody, how do you specify a quote that you're respo ding to?

Mojo Jojo

• Sturgeon
  • Suffers from Yakfishiolus Catchyitis
  • Date Registered: May 2014
1. Bob. I thought the wind looked worse but maybe not. What do I know? I plan to launch at Fogarty in the morning so hope to see you there.

2. Fred. Thanks for your detailed report. Sorry to hi jack your post. I need to learn how to use the forum tools better. My bad.

3. Anybody, how do you specify a quote that you're respo ding to?
Instead of clicking reply click the word quote in the upper rt corner of the post you want to quote, at least on my iPhone.

Shannon
2013 Jackson Big Tuna "Aircraft Carrier"
2011 Native Mariner Propel "My pickup truck"
2015 Native Slayer Propel "TLW's ride"
20?? Cobra Fish-N-Dive “10yo grandson’s”
20?? Emotion Sparky “5 yr old granddaughter’s”

MonkeyFist

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2013
I fished out of Depoe today, late start left the hole at 0730.
Started trolling just before the whistle buoy.
Went out to 220 and back inside, never had a sniff.
360 with a hoochie and a chunk of herring or a 360 with Brads cut plug and tuna.
Didn't bother with rockfish.
Heard radio chatter there was a bite up by the mouth of the Siltez.
Fish checker said it was very slow.
Was overcast but not foggy, sun came out a couple times, wind start coming up from the south around noon.

rogerdodger

• Fish Retriever
  • Sturgeon
  • roger
  • Date Registered: Dec 2012
I left DB at 6:30am today, headed SW and trolled from 200' to almost 260', never came across anything exciting to concentrate salmon, so I was hoping the few PB to my north would zero in on some fish, nope. I don't need bottom fish so I made the workout going south from GB (against the stronger than expected wind and strong tide/drift) a whale watching event.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Was back into DB at 1:30pm and seemed like very widely scattered salmon but decent bottom fishing. 

Really hope the salmon improve for folks chasing them this weekend!

my legs are tired.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 05:11:56 PM by rogerdodger »
2019 Hobie Outback (Fish Retriever)

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Thanks, I appreciate the reports! Bringing lingcod gear in case salmon is a bust. I read a report from off the Columbia that the coho were absent from the surface, but were abundant down around 30 feet. Gonna bring some 12 and 16 oz weights to ply the depths tomorrow.
aMayesing Bros.

dampainter

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2013
been busy since got back yesterday just now looking at puter, was a great weekend, fishing turned out ??? ok. whales fricken all over! but so were the whale watching boats going after them too. put a crabpot out in 70 fow in front of whale cove....nada no shorts nothin, chicken legs and a bag of clam guts/trimmings literally did not get touched ,guess i dropped in the wrong spot and glad it was only one pot. probably won`t be crabbing again?? ok, maybe one more shot up north sometime but south sucked! fishing too! and Thursday super foggy mostly. Friday was good as caught 2 really descent lings and nice blacks too they all came kinda here and there all over but was in no hurry as it was nice out there with no fog Friday,   didn`t crab just fished , Saturday was going to go but than was fairly sore from mostly Thursday, never mind Friday as i dammed near ended up near gull rock :o, what a drudge back !  was sitting in parking spot at ramp debating on going saturday morning guy came at me that was waiting to launch boat in line as was just busier than hell with tuna going, asked if i was going to launch i said yes in abit? and than he offered 20 for parking spot said no,  he came back said 40? i said ok!!  he launched his boat pulled behind me gave me 40 i hopped in the truck and left! so heads up if u want to make some money !!!awesome on report fred, that one color was first have ever poured and first time used was this weekend , my lings came on same color ,i used on friday. will def have to make more. tight lines all.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:06:09 PM by dampainter »

anything