Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: coho on the Chehalis  (Read 1364 times)

builderbri

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Aug 2021
I have been eagerly awaiting a chance to fish the Chehalis, wishing for the perfect conditions. With no rain anywhere in sight on Sunday I decided to go anyhow.Low tide was about 1:00 so I launched out of Preachers slew off hwy107 about 12:30.The launch there at low tide is very muddy. It seemed worse than I remember from last year. It could be due to the river being so low. I started tolling herring on one rod and a spinfish on the other. There is a fair amount  of floating debris that would foul mine line and just ruined my herring so I gave up on that quickly.I used the herring to stuff my baits.I did not see many other boats fishing in the area I was at. Mostly they were passing through to fish above or below me I am not sure where. I tried various stuff baits for about two hours with no luck. I was heading downstream to the launch site and I decided to freshen my bait so I pulled out a new herring cut it up and put in the spinfish I caught one with last year and in a Blue hawaiian cut plug. and continued downstream. soon I saw a fish jump about 20 yards ahead. so I continued right at it with anticipation .I got about right on top of where I saw it jump and my rod goes down. I was rewarded with a bright 5 pound coho. IT was not huge but I was so excited. I plan to give it another go this Saturday the 8th. I'ts a early tide and much lower so It will be muddy getting in bu hopefully I can find some fish.If anyone is interested in going I would love to fish with someone

workhard

• Salmon
  • Get off your computer and fish
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
I have been eagerly awaiting a chance to fish the Chehalis, wishing for the perfect conditions. With no rain anywhere in sight on Sunday I decided to go anyhow.Low tide was about 1:00 so I launched out of Preachers slew off hwy107 about 12:30.The launch there at low tide is very muddy. It seemed worse than I remember from last year. It could be due to the river being so low. I started tolling herring on one rod and a spinfish on the other. There is a fair amount  of floating debris that would foul mine line and just ruined my herring so I gave up on that quickly.I used the herring to stuff my baits.I did not see many other boats fishing in the area I was at. Mostly they were passing through to fish above or below me I am not sure where. I tried various stuff baits for about two hours with no luck. I was heading downstream to the launch site and I decided to freshen my bait so I pulled out a new herring cut it up and put in the spinfish I caught one with last year and in a Blue hawaiian cut plug. and continued downstream. soon I saw a fish jump about 20 yards ahead. so I continued right at it with anticipation .I got about right on top of where I saw it jump and my rod goes down. I was rewarded with a bright 5 pound coho. IT was not huge but I was so excited. I plan to give it another go this Saturday the 8th. I'ts a early tide and much lower so It will be muddy getting in bu hopefully I can find some fish.If anyone is interested in going I would love to fish with someone

Looks like nearly all the coastal rivers just got closed 10/8, including the Chehalis.
https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations/emergency-rules/grays-harbor-watershed-stream-closures-2022-10

BentRod

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Congrats!  Always nice to have some success!  Just in time too it appears.

builderbri

• Herring
Wow that just about put a damper on my day.I checked that out and it is still open below fuller bridge where I am fishing. I think there are probably fewer fish in that area. I don't have great expectations but I will enjoy getting on the water.

builderbri

• Herring
I got out yesterday about 7:45.I saw a fish jump as I was prepping my boat on shore. that was encouraging. It was a muddy slide into the water as expected but a little rinse off  once in and all was good. The fog was pretty thick. I could hear a motor and voices coming toward me as I put in, but I could not see them till they got close.they trolled on by and kept going down stream out of site. I got line lines in the water an continued up toward where I have caught fish before. I made one loop with no luck then I switched one of my lures.                   
The tide was strong yesterday so It was a push to go down stream and It was easy to go fast back up.I did not see any sea  lions but a seal was following me quit a bit.
On my second pass up near the mouth of the slew I get a fish on. I grab my rod and start reeling. It came to me so easy I thought I had lost it but when it came to the boat I made a horrible net attempt which made it change its mind bout being caught.It made a couple small runs and was just being a fish.  I started worrying about that seal.Lucky for me I got it in and as I had the fish in my net on my lap I saw the seal pop its head up looking at me about 20 yards away.I told it "this ones mine"  A nice 6 pound hen. I fished till 12:00 but that was all for me . Generally I had the place to my self .I occasionally passed but others fishing but not many. Only other success I heard was from a boat with four guys  who were travelling along shore and casting spinners.They said they got 3. eventually the fog cleared and It was a beautiful day to be out.