Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:13:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 19, 2024, 09:27:54 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

by jed
[April 12, 2024, 06:45:30 PM]

[April 11, 2024, 10:21:26 AM]

[April 04, 2024, 07:06:23 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Pacific City Launch Changes HELP Please ....  (Read 993 times)

Deluxeharley

• Lingcod
  • "Live like Ron"
  • Date Registered: Jun 2011
I have not been to Pacific City for a couple years. what are the new procedures to get to the beach. Parking fees, new gate access. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dale
My New Motto is.... "Live like Ron"

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
I'm curious too. I haven't been there since it opened up after the COVID closure.

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
There is a parking fee meter in the parking lot or you can buy a year pass at the Barview Park.  There is a cable gate at the top of the ramp that is usually open already going in.  Most of the time it will be closed by the time you are going out, but the lock won’t be latched.  Wouldn’t hurt to check the combo on the lock on your way in just in case someone has locked it.  The launching and parking on the beach are the same as always.  I write on my permit that I am kayak fishing.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Guppy Tamer

• Lingcod
It's the code the same code from a few years ago?

Stinger Hook

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2015
At least a few months ago the code was still the same.

Also, from what i have been told by people that seemed to know what they were talking about:
The paved parking (next to the brewery and that has the parking meter) and the beach are owned/operated by two DIFFERENT parties (county and Pacific City or something like it). The parking fee is ONLY for on the paved section. So parking on the beach is free as long as you have business at the beach (i.e. launch a boat or kayak). If you don't have business at the beach you are not allowed to drive there anymore. Leave a paper on your dashboard stating you launched a kayak.
Again, this is from what i have been told. Sofar i never got into trouble for not paying (and i parked probably 5 times on the beach since they started charging for the parking lot). So this is at own risk:-)

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
At least a few months ago the code was still the same.

Also, from what i have been told by people that seemed to know what they were talking about:
The paved parking (next to the brewery and that has the parking meter) and the beach are owned/operated by two DIFFERENT parties (county and Pacific City or something like it). The parking fee is ONLY for on the paved section. So parking on the beach is free as long as you have business at the beach (i.e. launch a boat or kayak). If you don't have business at the beach you are not allowed to drive there anymore. Leave a paper on your dashboard stating you launched a kayak.
Again, this is from what i have been told. Sofar i never got into trouble for not paying (and i parked probably 5 times on the beach since they started charging for the parking lot). So this is at own risk:-)

I had always assumed the Tillamook Co parking pass was required to park on the beach also.  I checked with Tillamook Co and they said the beach is not part of their parking permit.  The beach is under the jurisdiction the State of Oregon.

Wish I would have known this earlier.  Would have saved me $55 for my annual pass.  If you park in the parking lot to kayak fish, a permit will still be required.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
It's the code the same code from a few years ago?

Last year the code was different than it had been for me in the past. I never did get a code that worked and I had to drive around on the dune and sidewalk because no one could help me.

... the trials of being the last one on the water, I guess.