Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:01:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Pend Oreille Fishing Report March and April, 2009 with photos  (Read 4652 times)

• Green and Brown is Better than Gold!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
Well it has been a good start of the year. I've been out probably around 20 times in the past two months and over the past two weeks the water temp has been slowely rising and the fish bite has been turning on. Main lake points and secondary points have been fishing really well for Largemouth. Haven't gotten into any smallmouth yet but waiting for water temp to rise up a bit more. Water temp around 54 in most creeks.

If you are looking for some good fishing I know the places and what is working well. Always looking for people to go out with. Hope everyone has had time to get out on the water!

Yak = Freedom Hawk 14'
Fish from Mid March through November
PB Largemouth: 7lb8oz
PB Smallmouth: 6lb2oz
Lake Trout: 15lb 2oz
Cutthroat Trout: 2lb
CutBow: 3lb
Crappie: 1lb6oz

amb

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Nice looking Fish!  I've never caught a bass close to that size.  Very nice.

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Nice fishy!

Dang, 54 degrees? I haven't been seeing those kind of temps in my neck of the woods. Time to look for some shallow ponds out in the desert.

floatin cowboys

• Lingcod
  • UHMMMM Pizza!!!
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Was just there at farragutt state park, didn't fish any (promised my wife) we went to silverwood. But saw some big fish come out of that lake. 4-5# rainbows and some nice lake trout. The biologist at the hatchery near Sand point said that lake trout are a big problem up there, so much that they have hired commercial guys to gill net them. Sounds like some good fishing to me. BIG lake though. No submarines though.
We may live without poetry, music, and art
We may live without conscience and live without heart
We may live without friends, we may live without books;
But civilized man cannot live without cooks

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
no submarines?? damn, with a navy nuke school nearby you'd think there'd have been at least one.  ::)
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

steelheadr

• Participant in life...not spectator
  • Sturgeon
  • Pay no attention to the man in the hat.
  • Peterberger Adventures
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Those are just reactor prototypes. Now Dabob Bay and the Hood Canal...that's another story!!!
"Fast enough to get there...but slow enough to see. Not known for predictability"  Thanks to Jimmy Buffet for describing my life...again

goldendog

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
Darn nice fish! I have been trying here on the Central Oregon Coast for LMB the last couple of weeks, but the fishing is slow. Too many bait fish! I saw bass hitting them at the surface today at Mercer lake, but they wouldn't even look at my rapala. Hmmmm, maybe a road trip?
Fishing is much more than fish.  It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.  ~Herbert Hoover

funtofish

• Krill
  • www.funtofish.com
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
I was paddling/pedaling just recently along the green monarch mountains on Lake Pend Oreille just south of Lees Landing/Clark Fork Delta and saw a bunch of trout. I was dying as I wish I had brought my fishing gear. You can see Lees Landing, etc. at www.boatingtheinlandnw.com . Whiskey Rock area is also a great fishing area but my favorate on Lake Pend Oreille is the Clark Fork area. Great fishing report, thanks.
funtofish.com