Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:34:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 06:31:23 AM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Linked Events

• Everett Coho Derby: September 22, 2007 - September 23, 2007

Topic: 2007 Everett Coho Derby ... Human Powered Watercraft Division  (Read 22728 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Well, we're supposed to be BBQ-ing at that time.

But if you do come in later and bring a nice fish in, just hand it over to me.  I'll take care of it.   ;)  And oh, can you take a picture of me with it, so I can ID the fish.

-Allen
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 04:20:44 PM by polepole »

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
T- My plan, in that case, is to bleed and ice really well. But that's only if I think it has a good chance of placing.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
T- My plan, in that case, is to bleed and ice really well. But that's only if I think it has a good chance of placing.

Hey Pisco, will you be doing this whole tourney on the fly?

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon

If you mean without doing much planning, yeah that will be me. I'll have my 5yo daughter with me, so I'll have to be fairly flexible. She's actually pretty darn good at hanging in the boat, and fishing, especially if I have any kind of live (or dead ::)) bait to entertain her. Weather could be an issue. It'll be another year till she fits the kids paddling gear, from NRS.

If you mean fly gear, I'll have it, but don't have big plans on using it. I don't want to whack the kid with a big clouser. :-[ Besides, the water in the estuary is usually pretty murky, and with a lot of boat traffic, it may be worse than usual. In that case, big spinners and bait will be the ticket.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.

If you mean without doing much planning, yeah that will be me. I'll have my 5yo daughter with me, so I'll have to be fairly flexible. She's actually pretty darn good at hanging in the boat, and fishing, especially if I have any kind of live (or dead ::)) bait to entertain her. Weather could be an issue. It'll be another year till she fits the kids paddling gear, from NRS.

If you mean fly gear, I'll have it, but don't have big plans on using it. I don't want to whack the kid with a big clouser. :-[ Besides, the water in the estuary is usually pretty murky, and with a lot of boat traffic, it may be worse than usual. In that case, big spinners and bait will be the ticket.

HEH! :D Just meant fly fishing. Yeah, w/ the daughter on the yak a clouser flying around wouldn't be the best thing.

BTW, where does everyone plan to fish? I figure on using our yaks to our advantage and fish shallow areas where boats can't go. Maybe some pools that are only accessible through shallow water. Any leads?

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
I'm still hoping some of you Oregon guys can make the trip up here.  FFTW is out, so I still have a place to crash for someone (or 2).  We'll take good care of you guys up here ... I promise.   :)

-Allen

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
So far, it sounds like T and PP are going to slug it out with the big guys in the main channel. I'm headed to a smaller slough, in the area. More details are in this thread, above. Look for my 2nd post with a AcmeMapper link for a map.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
So far, it sounds like T and PP are going to slug it out with the big guys in the main channel. I'm headed to a smaller slough, in the area. More details are in this thread, above. Look for my 2nd post with a AcmeMapper link for a map.

I'm liking it. Count me in.

So FT you're gonna be in the main channel w/ the boats? Any chance you'd come out to the area PS is talking about? If so I still can take care of pic duty.

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
  • It's called a "Slow Loris"
Zee,

Sorry to take so long to get back with you.  I had to think that one over quite a bit.  So here’s where I stand:

I’ve talked with a few Sno river fishermen and they say mostly that, sure there’ll be a lot of motorboats, but they’ll all be trolling as slow as they can and they shouldn’t pose much more of a problem for us than they do for each other.  That said, I’m thinking that the bulk of the fish available will be going up the bulk of the river.  Therefore, my plan is going to be to work the big part of the river up or down from Langus park and try to use the fish finder to locate the schools.  I’ll be trying to go down stream first, meet up with the incoming tide, and then ride that flood tide up the river along with the fish.

Oh, the Sno river fishermen also say that they’ve been catching from none to a couple, and averaging one a day of silvers on the river, so I think the coho will indeed be coming into the river in bigger numbers every day for a while.

So first off, who’s coming out with us… where do you plan to launch… when will you launch… and do you plan to be there for a barbeque at 4:00 pm?  Obviously, I’ll be there at Langus Park (unless somebody talks me into a better plan).  80% sure that I’ll be bringing a new guy from work (he says he can stay for maybe 3 or 4 hours).  I’m going to try to launch by maybe 7:00 am at the latest.  And I plan to bring something for my ownself to eat at our barbeque unless some kind of a potluck plan emerges or something.

So how about it?  What are the rest of you up to?

Fishin-T
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 06:09:29 PM by Fishin-T »
If at first you don't succeed....  maybe skydiving is just not for you.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
I'm still planning on Langus as I hear there is a slight pick going on there and with this rain I'm expecting it to only get better.  If I hear of anything better I may make the call on Friday morning to switch locales, but I'll post here if I do.  BBQ at Langus any time after 4.  I'll be getting off booth duty at that time and will work my way over.  If you don't show up until 5, no big deal.  I'll bring a BBQ and a fryer, perhaps do some more shark up as I have a bunch to work though.  Let's go potluck.  Post what you're bringing here so we cover the bases.

-Allen
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:00:45 PM by polepole »

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
I'll probably be launching late in the morning, and doubt I'll get to Langus before 5:00pm.

Potluck? I've got a fair amount of octopus and a bunch of garden greens, etc.

Oh, and I've got a fair amount of cured (borax) Moutcha eggs, too.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Looks like we have some heavy hitters making an appearance at the derby.  "Mountain man", the newest Ocean Kayak Fishing Crew member is making his way out from Idaho.  "Freestone", the local Wilderness Systems Fishing Team member is making her way out from Wenatchee.  And I got word today that FFTW will be representing Oregon.  I'm going to have to warm up my game so I can show up all these ringers!!!   ;D

-Allen

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
Geez... should I even sign up now...  :'(

>:DPSYCHE!!!!>:D

I'm ready to kick some sponsored ass!!!
I wish

Z :D

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:23:55 PM by Zeelander »
2010 Angler Of The Year

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
Tthhhppbb!!! (Where's the raspberry emoticon?) I bet my 5yo daughter beats us all.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
2010 Angler Of The Year

anything