Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: South Sound Meetup  (Read 101901 times)

SantaDan

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2009
I'm way the chuck out here on the coast, stuck in between the Twin Harbors. Maybe I should start a thread on: "Is There Anybody Else Out Here In No Man's Land?" :banjo:

Hey ConeHeadMuddler,
Clamming was great out your way, (Ocean Shores), Saturday evening. We got 4 limits in 20 minutes and the were nice size too. Several 6" shells. If weather looks ok, we'll be back Monday night. Love that freash clam showder.
Dan

andy1976

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
Andy from Cali but I'm praying my wife gets a job in Tacoma as a civilian nurse in Tacoma. 

If she doesn't mind changing to a desk job, tell her to keep her eyes open for Veterans Affairs positions.  Veterans Service Representative (GS 7/9/10/11) or Rating Veterans Service Representative (GS 9/10/11/12). 

Thanks Lee, I'll do that but I doubt she would try it since she has no experience.  I think she wants to work for the Gov for the retirement. Talk to you later.  Andy

kallitype

• Sturgeon
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I'm on Vashon, marinf area 10, but on the south end---Maury Island.

The VA / gov retirement is a big plus---I can stay in my Group Health group, and Uncle keeps paying the same share I got from VA while working.  Big plus, with the cost of health insurance these days.
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
OK South Sounders, we've got folks from Puyallup to Tacoma on down to OLY/Lacey and beyond... where do we want to have our first group meeting? And, more importantly, when?
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

holtfisher

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Great call WR, who can make it in January and what days/eves seem possible? I am game. With some notice usually I can be open and would drive to Tacoma easily from Lacey, especially if could car pool. holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

polyangler

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2009
You'll have to keep me posted. I fly across pond this weekend. Should have good internet though.
[img width=100 height=100]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/saltyplastic/NEMrod

Em7b5

• Perch
  • Date Registered: May 2009
  Hey WR et al,  I'm pretty hit or miss for any given evening but would show up for a meeting with you all if at all possible.  Any date/place in mind at this point? Chris

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
You'll have to keep me posted. I fly across pond this weekend. Should have good internet though.

you just get back to your family safe and sound, youngster, worry bout us later. BUT.. if ya drop one of us an email address [ does not have to be me] you can be reached at over there, we can attempt to forward meeting notes etc. if you'd like.
[WR]
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • ADTA.org
  Hey WR et al,  I'm pretty hit or miss for any given evening but would show up for a meeting with you all if at all possible.  Any date/place in mind at this point? Chris

Chris; at this point, no. still trying to rally the members, and find a common meeting ground, since we are talking about such a widespread area. however, am thinking that the Farelli's Resturant in Dupont might be the best place. it's off the Center Drive exit, and very easy to get to. it's also centrally located between Tacoma, Oly/Lacey, and very easily accessed by members coming from this neck of the woods, too. it also just happens to be right across the highway from the army post, so members from there could also make it easily.

but, again, at this point, i think we are still going to be open to suggestions. HINT; chime in with suggestions guys.
[WR]

holtfisher

• Lingcod
Farellies sounds like a good spot. My bride and I just committed to Thursday eves for bible study, otherwise am open.  holt
Hobie Revo, Mirage Drive

ConeHeadMuddler

• non-competitor
  • Sturgeon
  • Smells like low tide
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
I'm way the chuck out here on the coast, stuck in between the Twin Harbors. Maybe I should start a thread on: "Is There Anybody Else Out Here In No Man's Land?" :banjo:

Hey ConeHeadMuddler,
Clamming was great out your way, (Ocean Shores), Saturday evening. We got 4 limits in 20 minutes and the were nice size too. Several 6" shells. If weather looks ok, we'll be back Monday night. Love that freash clam showder.
Dan

Howdy Dan, Either ya love those razor clams or ya don't!  The digging was easy last night here on Grayland beach.   I just wore a LED headlamp and used a LED flashlight and had no trouble finding my limit in short order. (I noticed that the elements on my Coleman propane lantern were shot). The clean white LED lights worked fine to spot the clams. The "shows" were big and too easy to see. They looked like deep navels in the sand, and most were the size of nickels. Clams were nice sized, too.
ConeHeadMuddler

squidgirl

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2009
Starting next week .. sunday evening will be out for me.. i have square dance lesson..  :banjo:   how about a tuesday or a wed.

WR.. Dupont area is perfect.. i think its a good mutual location between us. unless you wanted to movie up a little closer north we could do Galluping Gerdies located right there at Camp Murray.

SC
"Life is short lets go fishing"

Drool

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Chris; at this point, no. still trying to rally the members, and find a common meeting ground, since we are talking about such a widespread area. however, am thinking that the Farelli's Resturant in Dupont might be the best place. it's off the Center Drive exit, and very easy to get to. it's also centrally located between Tacoma, Oly/Lacey, and very easily accessed by members coming from this neck of the woods, too. it also just happens to be right across the highway from the army post, so members from there could also make it easily.

but, again, at this point, i think we are still going to be open to suggestions. HINT; chime in with suggestions guys.
[WR]

I'm game!

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
That Farellis is a great spot.  We need to make sure to do it after 6 or 7 though.  The traffic through that area is horrible.

cobrakak76

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
Lacey....Ferrelli's sounds good.  :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:55:22 AM by cobrakak76 »

anything