Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Hayden Lake LMB  (Read 5546 times)

Fishin-Jay

• Perch
  • Havana day dreamin'...
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
I spent the morning paddling and trying to figure out the fishing in the area. Moving, new job, and some financial difficulties have reduced my fishing opportunities, but each time I get out it's getting better. I landed dozens of LMB today, but only two that were of any quality. The largest went about 16" but unfortunately my wife had the camera, so no shots of that one. Here's a couple OTW shots from today. All fish came on a wacky rigged pumpkin/black flake senko.

Formerly of NCKA and missing the days of fishing Bean Hollow!

hydrospider

good to see you on the water and reporting Jay, and strong work out there with the senko. once you go wacky you never go...
the lillypads there look like they might be fun to throw frogs at.

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Nice wacky work Jay. Good to see you acclimating to your new environs.

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

stormscrambler

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
nice jay i am still trying to get the wife a job up there but no go for me, maybe see you soon, and miss you at albion this year
del valle storm trooper
3rd place new hogan striper torment
and ready to leave the bay are ugggg.

Fishin-Jay

• Perch
  • Havana day dreamin'...
nice jay i am still trying to get the wife a job up there but no go for me, maybe see you soon, and miss you at albion this year

Come on up any time James. Doesn't your wife work in the medical field? There's the Kootenai Medical Center here in CdA, and Spokane has lots of opportunities.

stormscrambler

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Aug 2009
no she is in marketing, say hi to the wife and dogs for me   :hello:
del valle storm trooper
3rd place new hogan striper torment
and ready to leave the bay are ugggg.

skyboy

• Southern Idaho Yak Pioneer (NCKA Transplant)
  • Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
Jay.

Responded to another report of your, but stay to the edges of all those reed/lillys, and throw back at them. Yum make a great crawbug that rigged carolina style works great on most lakes in Idaho. You do have to pay attention to the color, there are times the crawdads are a chrome blue and sometimes all green. Also if you like cranks troll a rebel crawdad as close to shore as you can 5' or so of water. Troll at about 1.7 MPH, if you have a gps or FF that reads MPH. Good luck. I am dying to come up and fish, I live in Nampa now.

skyboy
Isa. 55 8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts saith the Lord, for even as the Heavens are higher than the Earth, so are My thoughts than your thoughts, and My ways than your ways.

Fishin-Jay

• Perch
  • Havana day dreamin'...
Jay.

Responded to another report of your, but stay to the edges of all those reed/lillys, and throw back at them. Yum make a great crawbug that rigged carolina style works great on most lakes in Idaho. You do have to pay attention to the color, there are times the crawdads are a chrome blue and sometimes all green. Also if you like cranks troll a rebel crawdad as close to shore as you can 5' or so of water. Troll at about 1.7 MPH, if you have a gps or FF that reads MPH. Good luck. I am dying to come up and fish, I live in Nampa now.

skyboy

Thanks skyboy! Anytime you want to head north I would be happy to fish with you. I haven't gotten out much in my first few months here, but I'm working on it. I think my next trip might be this weekend to Fernan Lake for some stocker trout. I need to feed my smoker so that I have plenty of smoked fish for the winter.  ;)

funtofish

• Krill
  • www.funtofish.com
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Jay this is Miles Moore the Inland NW Hobie dealer located in Hayden. Was great to read your report. Another lake that is great to fish is Avondale Lake right near Hayden Lake... you can learn about this lake at www.boatingtheinlandnw.com in the section... Kootenai County small lakes. Stop by the store some time would love to meet you. As for Hayden Lake fishing if you fish near the spill way on the southwest corner of the lake there is some good fishing there. My boys fish there and catch some nice size fish.
funtofish.com