Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:36:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Spot
[Today at 10:57:58 AM]

[Today at 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 08:37:24 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: transferee from Norcalkayakanglers, just moved back to Idaho  (Read 5932 times)

skyboy

• Southern Idaho Yak Pioneer (NCKA Transplant)
  • Perch
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
As expected it seems our sport of decked out kayaks with FF on them is a bit of a novelty here in the Boise area. Any other members from the Boise area on here???

Joe
(skyboy)
Isa. 55 8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts saith the Lord, for even as the Heavens are higher than the Earth, so are My thoughts than your thoughts, and My ways than your ways.

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Howdy Joe,

Welcome to the neighborhood.

I don't recall anybody from Boise checking in. There are a few from Eastern OR and Eastern WA, though. Guess you'll have to be a trail-blazer, down there.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
Hey Joe, good to see you stopping in here.  Hope to hook up with you sometime in the future.

-Allen

skyboy

• Perch
Allen,

Glad your doing this sight, it keeps me connected. I am dying here without the ocean and trips to the bean. I think this is the first time in about 6 years I don't have any abalone in the freezer, and to make it worse, we ate the last of the lings and rockcod a few days ago. There are some pretty cool floats here on the snake river, and I have already had a local tent and canvas shop make me a camo sleeve for ducks and geese this year. Anyway, hope to get a chance to fish with you again, the last time we shared water was at Elk in 2005, so we are due. Keep me updated on things local to you, I will be down for a road trip soon. I am looking for my next project car I sold the scout before leaving and now looking for a old Toyota Landcruiser (FJ40). Stay in touch. I will PM you my cell.

Joe
(skyboy)
Isa. 55 8-9 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts saith the Lord, for even as the Heavens are higher than the Earth, so are My thoughts than your thoughts, and My ways than your ways.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
Yup, it's been awhile since we shared the same water.

I used to own a 1974 FJ40 that had a Chevy 350 transplant in it.  I drove that thing all the way to Alaska and back.  Rock solid vehicle.  Man I miss that thing.  I've been thinking about getting another one lately as well, or perhaps the wagon FJ55.

-Allen

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Hey Skyboy,
Good to see you NWKA! Another one transplanted like me, welcome. The boyz here at NWKA are classic and you'll feel right at home. If you're ever in the woods we'll have to hook up. And if I get to yours, I'll definitely drop a line. Never been out there yet. Looks amazing!

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

skyboy

• Perch
Z,

Anytime. I have many plans for this area. I have even considered crossing a local lake to deer hunt on the other side, I have hunted the area before, but its pretty hard to access other than crossing it. I also have been working by the Boise river alot lately and it is reminding me of a trip fuzz and I took down the creek out of andrew molero by Big sur. It isw really shallow in spots, but my yak is perfect for it, I don't mind gettig scratches as long as I get an adventure out of it. You can consult freddie on that, we have had a few adventures that included scratches........lol >:D

Mooch

• Perch
  • "Success is living the life you want"
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Hey Joe - glad you made it to this site. I'm sure you can get "the madness" going on these parts  ;)

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Hey Joe, I'm right behind you in the NCKA->NWKA transfers.  I'll be in Portland at the end of October.  At some point we all should have an NCKA reunion up there.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

ZeeHawk

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Sauber is my co-pilot.
  • Date Registered: Sep 2006
Hey Joe, I'm right behind you in the NCKA->NWKA transfers.  I'll be in Portland at the end of October.  At some point we all should have an NCKA reunion up there.

Brian

No doudt. 8)

Z
2010 Angler Of The Year
2008 Moutcha Bay Pro - Winner
Jackson kayaks, Kokatat, Daiwa, Werner Paddles, Orion, RinseKit, Kayak Academy

skyboy

• Perch
Id be up for that, I am always up for a road trip. Its hunting season for me right now, but after Mid November, Im in.

skyboy