Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: 2012 Invasive Species Permits  (Read 30838 times)

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Don't forget to pick up a 2012 invasive species permit for your kayak!

The price is $7.  When I picked up mine, Dick's wanted $20.  Turns out they were trying to sell me an out of state motorized ISP. 

Just a reminder, starting January 1st, 2010 all operators of non-motorized boats over 10' long are required to have the new Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit.  Pick one up when you get your 2010 fishing license.

http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/programs/09LawsFAQs.shtml

What does this mean for those with manually powered boats?

* Non-motorized boat operators (rafts, drift boats, kayaks, canoes, etc.) 10 feet and longer will need to carry and purchase a $7 annual permit ($5 + $2 agent fee), which the boater can use with any manually powered boat. 
    * Permits are required for both residents and nonresidents and are transferable to other non-motorized craft, but every vessel on the water must have a permit.
    * Non-motorized liveries (rental businesses) will receive a
      quantity discount. Clubs and organizations can have permits issued in
      their name. Permits must be purchased directly from the Oregon State
      Marine Board

Where do I get a permit?

* Permits can be purchased online at the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife's Web site: www.dfw.state.or.us/online_license_sales/index.asp beginning December 1, 2009.
    * ODFW license agents and ODFW offices that sell licenses, www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/licenses.

Why do motorized boats pay $5 every two years and non-motorized $7 ($5 permit + $2 agent fee) each year?

* Boat registration decals are non-transferrable -they adhere to the bow of the boat.  Non-motorized permits are transferrable.
    * Because this is a new program involving a different segment of boater, a new delivery system will need to be created which carries additional overhead costs.
    * The surcharge on a motorboat will be automatic, with little overhead.  Motorboaters are already paying a certain amount of their registration fees to maintain the registration data infrastructure.
    * Because ODFW has nearly 500 point of sale agents and an online license sales system, their permit delivery system better serves boaters statewide.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Justin

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
I got mine.  I sure wish the money you spend on it actually went to prevent invasive species though :(
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
I got mine.  I sure wish the money you spend on it actually went to prevent invasive species though :(

If you're curious as to how much money was collected and where it went in 2010 they put out a report...

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/conservationstrategy/invasive_species/docs/AISPP_Annual%20_report_2010.pdf

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

firebunkers23

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2011
Thanks for the reminder Spot. And hey the Nestucca is down to 8' do you want to give her a try when she gets down to 7' or should we wait for 6'.  ;)

ndogg

• ORC
  • Sturgeon
  • "Fists of Fury"
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Man, I have to check to see if I actually picked one up when I got my license. 

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
Thanks for the reminder Spot. And hey the Nestucca is down to 8' do you want to give her a try when she gets down to 7' or should we wait for 6'.  ;)

8' makes for a pretty fast boat ride though it's a little easier to navigate.  7' dropping to 6' is prime.

-Spot-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

firebunkers23

• Lingcod

8' makes for a pretty fast boat ride though it's a little easier to navigate.  7' dropping to 6' is prime.

-Spot-

Mark I will keep my eye on the river levels. I will give you a ring when it looks promising. I was thinking drifting pink plastic worms and casting?  wiggle wart divers. What do think? Any better Ideas?

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!

-Spot-

Mark I will keep my eye on the river levels. I will give you a ring when it looks promising. I was thinking drifting pink plastic worms and casting?  wiggle wart divers. What do think? Any better Ideas?

Keep it simple and fish with what you know the 1st couple of trips. 

-Spot-

Sponsors and Supporters:

Tournament Results:

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
Thanks BSteves for the report on the workings of the invasive species program. 
Although I agree with the concept of the program, I don't feel that they are targeting enough of the public that use the same waters.  It's lost revenue in my opinion.

I gleaned this from the depths of the verbage, and hope that for 2012 it still works the same way.

A $2 agent fee was charged by all of the agents selling permits. The exceptions were the OSMB Salem office or select REI stores (for members only).

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

firebunkers23

• Lingcod
Thanks BSteves for the report on the workings of the invasive species program. 
Although I agree with the concept of the program, I don't feel that they are targeting enough of the public that use the same waters.  It's lost revenue in my opinion.

I gleaned this from the depths of the verbage, and hope that for 2012 it still works the same way.

A $2 agent fee was charged by all of the agents selling permits. The exceptions were the OSMB Salem office or select REI stores (for members only).
Thanks Insayn I missed the REI store thing. I will get one tomorrow as my gym is right by REI and I am a member.

craig

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2008
I purchased one right off the bat because I fished that first weekend of January.  I would have preferred to order them through the Oregon State Marie Board, but I was afraid they would not get here in time, or they would send me a 2011 tag since it was the last week in December when I was going to order them.  Here is the order form site http://www.boatoregon.com/OSMB/Clean/docs/2012AISPTyvekOrderForm.pdf

It is cheaper since there is no vendor fee.  I plan to buy another one for guests.  I will order the two year that way I won't have this problem again next year.  Then, next year I will order another two year permit.  Then, they will always be staggered and I will always have two.  Oh, and for you Washington folks that need a permit for the ORC,  I can order one for you, as well.  There is no rule that says I can't buy a bunch an let my friends use them when they are with me ;).  Five dollars is cheaper than $22 if you are only coming for one day.  From the OSMB website:

What does this mean for those with manually powered boats (paddlecraft)?

-Manually powered boats (paddle boards, rafts, drift boats, kayaks, canoes, etc.) 10 feet long and longer will need to carry one permit per boat when in use.

-Permits are transferrable to other manually powered craft.

-Permits can be loaned to friends and family members.

-Permits are available as either a one year or two year permit. The one year permit expires on December 31 of the year issued and the two year permit expires on December 31 of the second year issued.
[/size]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:41:37 PM by craig »

jstonick

Just remember if you bought a red one last year that it is good for two years and does not expire until December 31, 2012.

Mean Joe

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Apr 2009
I better bone up on the specifics since I also have a small aluminum boat. I wonder if I need a separate "powerboat" permit, or if one will serve for both craft? :police:  After all I will only use one at a time.

DTS

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Sep 2009
Just remember if you bought a red one last year that it is good for two years and does not expire until December 31, 2012.

???  What is this red one you are speaking of? 

I have got two 7$ permits so far and still have a third one to purchase.  Dang come to think of it pretty soon I will have my own personal flotilla.  ;D  I wonder if there are any discounts or group offerings for them outfits that have lots of kayaks out on the water.
PROGRESS IS JUST BEING THERE!

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Craig

We're going to need 3 for the ORC this year. Can you order for us? I can send you the $$$ via paypal.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

anything