Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:15:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[May 09, 2024, 09:27:35 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 06:58:56 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 04, 2024, 11:31:01 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Linked Events

• Port Angles Kayak Symposium: April 11, 2008 - April 13, 2008

Topic: Port Angles Kayak Symposium, April 11-13, 2008  (Read 9302 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
See ya on the water..
Roy

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
hmmm am thinking that the agean is just a little akward for a solo paddler?? too bad if it is, cause thats a bargain if it werent 3 hours north of me..
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
hmmm am thinking that the agean is just a little akward for a solo paddler?? too bad if it is, cause thats a bargain if it werent 3 hours north of me..

I was looking at that, you could really bring tons of stuff you don't need..I like it
See ya on the water..
Roy

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008

I was looking at that, you could really bring tons of stuff you don't need..I like it

so, ok i guess the question still remains, will it work for a solo paddler?? i mean, from what i see, i might be sitting too far back.  and yeah i probly could load tons of gear on the thing. being a total noob to this side of fishing, would one of you more experienced guys tell me if it would be worth persuing? thats a total easy grab right now.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
When I first met our illustrious leader Allen (Polepole) he was paddling a Cobra Triple (16 1/2 ft long and designed for three) by himself.  He seemed to do just fine.  I know others that paddled OK Malibu II's solo for years.  I believe the Agean is a little longer/faster than the malibu II.   For $300, it's a steal.

If you already have a kayak, it would make a great second kayak for kayak camping trips or bringing guests along for a paddle.  If you don't already have a kayak, the price is right and you can always upgrade latter to something you really want and retire this to second kayak status.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
Would you paddle this from the front seat , if solo?

If so there isn't much room for mounting pole holders and such.

you still need to buy a seat.Good seats aren't cheap.and it doesn't say if it comes with a paddle, either. Just things to consider

I guess it's one of those, if you can afford what you want, get it.If you can't, get what you can afford things.

If you are planning on only buying one Kayak and using it for years like me, get what you need. If your just testing the waters to see if your gonna like it, get something cheap.
See ya on the water..
Roy

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
Lack of a paddle and seat are standard when buying a kayak.  I'm pretty sure only Hobies ever come newly equipped with a seat and paddle.  It might help explain why they're so expensive.  One of the benefits of buying a used boat is that they often do come with a seat and paddle which sweetens the deal.

As for the Aegean, you'd paddle it from the middle like any other kayak.  It actually has three molded seat wells so that it can be used solo from the middle seat or tandem from the fore and aft seats.

Brian
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
Lack of a paddle and seat are standard when buying a kayak.  I'm pretty sure only Hobies ever come newly equipped with a seat and paddle. It might help explain why they're so expensive.

Oh ok, something i never knew. I guess thats kinda nice , you can get a seat that fits you.The hobie seat is very cofortable for me , luckily.

One of the benefits of buying a used boat is that they often do come with a seat and paddle which sweetens the deal.

As for the Aegean, you'd paddle it from the middle like any other kayak.  It actually has three molded seat wells so that it can be used solo from the middle seat or tandem from the fore and aft seats.

Brian

that makes a big difference.I guess were it says "three molded seat wells", would have been the first clue for me...

It is a used boat
See ya on the water..
Roy

boxofrain

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2006
My second Yak is an Agean,
I am 5'-8", around 140# soaking wet (that matters in this sport!) I paddle the Agean on occassion solo.
It is harder to steer than my P-13, but not a deterrent for me to use it.
My biggest bitch is, there is no place to safely install a hatch! Seems all the surfaces are curved!
I have added pad-eyes for shock cord and gear to attach to the boat.
 I will be using it more for lake fishing and bird watching and save the P-13 for the lower River and Ocean.
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.