Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:04:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 29, 2024, 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Angler of the Year 2017 (AOTY) - Kickoff and questions  (Read 15269 times)

uplandsandpiper

Looks like we have a new leader.  Very impressive Snopro, especially not having any ocean species in your ten.

Everyone better get out fishing for the final push before the end of the year.

Except for that Hood Canal Chum. But yes a very impressive average.

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
I want to give everyone an update on the Kayak Shed situation.

As most of you know, in September Kayak Shed suffered a devastating fire which basically destroyed the whole building. John Hart, the owner of Kayak Shed, has been a long-time supporter of HOW and other events and we've been proud to have him be the premier sponsor for AOTY.

John has let me know that in spite of the fire he is still intending to support our event. He is working out some options for what we might be able to provide for the first prize. It is likely that it will not be the prize package previously discussed.

I think it's representative of the experience most of us have had with John and the Kayak Shed that in spite of the turmoil I'm sure they're going through trying to forge a path forward after the fire that he's still looking for ways to support AOTY. So THANK YOU to Kayak Shed, and there's your update.

FISH ON!

Casey

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2015
[emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
[emoji24]

That's what I was getting also Casey.  I compressed the photos and did it again and it uploaded them correctly.  Give that a shot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC

2016 Junk Jig Challenge
Category - IT’S NOT A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU’RE BEING CREATIVE
1st place - The Drunken Bastard

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
[emoji24]

That's what I was getting also Casey.  I compressed the photos and did it again and it uploaded them correctly.  Give that a shot.

Thanks for the tip.  I had been trying to submit a fish all weekend and kept getting that response.  I reduced the file size of the photos and it worked fine.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

Casey

• Salmon
[emoji24]

Thanks for the tip.  I had been trying to submit a fish all weekend and kept getting that response.  I reduced the file size of the photos and it worked fine.
Same here. Thanks!

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
Great job Snopro. Talking about hitting a grand slam in the final inning.  Some great fish being posted.  And now with what I believe is the highest points for the winner since the competition began, you have had quite a year.  Congrats.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

YippieKaiyak

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
How small did y'all compress the pics?  I tried under 1k and it was still faulting.
Kayaking without wearing a PFD is like drunk driving.  You can get away with it for a while, but eventually someone dies.

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
How small did y'all compress the pics?  I tried under 1k and it was still faulting.

I think I reduced mine to about 700kb and it worked.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Congratulations to all of the 2017 AOTY participants and especially to Snopro, that was an awesome finish. I got a chance to fish with a bunch of great people for the first time last year and look forward to meeting more of you in 2018. Good luck everybody.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Congrats to everyone! 2017 was a crazy one for AOTY with a record point total and an over 200pt average!! WOW!!
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
I can't believe this was the sixth time I've done this. It's getting harder to just stay in the middle. Congrats all!

Casey

• Salmon
Thank you guys so much for making this happen. I’ve learned so much, and can’t wait to kick your asses this year [emoji12]

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Congratulations to all of the 2017 AOTY participants and especially to Snopro, that was an awesome finish. I got a chance to fish with a bunch of great people for the first time last year and look forward to meeting more of you in 2018. Good luck everybody.
Thanks Jed.  I hope to make it out for BCSIII and meet you in person.

AOTY 2017 was a good one.  I think many people had personal best scores and tons of PB fish.  I think if you averaged out the top ten finishers in 2017 it's probably the highest top ten average score ever.  Great job everyone.  I get the feeling many people are starting to dial in fisheries and I expect to see 2 or 3 people break 2000 for the first time in 2018. 

Good luck everyone. Keep trying new gear, new spots, and new species.

Clayman

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2017
Scrolling through the leader board, I'm beyond impressed.  Y'all caught some trophy-status fish in 2017!  I've participated in the NCKA version of AOTY and know how much time and effort goes into these year-long events.  Well done Snopro, and everyone else in the Top 10!
aMayesing Bros.

anything