Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:02:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by [WR]
[May 18, 2024, 04:51:53 PM]

[May 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM]

by Spot
[May 16, 2024, 08:44:06 PM]

by [WR]
[May 16, 2024, 05:38:38 PM]

by Plap
[May 15, 2024, 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: First Yak  (Read 8199 times)

bad lattitude

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Picked up my first kayak yesterday. I spent a bunch of time in the R&D phase. Ended up with this little ditty:

OK Trident 13 angler. Threw my dogs in for scale. I took three photos, created a gallery and tried to upload. In real life I'm not this crappy of a photgrapher. I just had my pictures automatically resized.

Now to get her wet.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:34:45 PM by Zee »
None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006

• Date Registered: May 2008
looks good...... but is needs a little fish blood on it!!! Now the fun begins!!!
PADDLE TO THE PEOPLE!

bad lattitude

• Lingcod
Thanks, guys.

Another question...does anyone think it might be possible to use the rudder mount to rig a drift anchor? It'd be sweet if I could turn it into double duty.

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Thanks, guys.

Another question...does anyone think it might be possible to use the rudder mount to rig a drift anchor? It'd be sweet if I could turn it into double duty.

Check out SBD's drift anchor thread.  It'd be a little work to switch back and forth but I believe it's doable.  

Don't forget, you still need your rod holders, fish finder, anchor trolley, microwave and espresso maker!   ;D

BTW: What the heck does your ifish handle mean?!?!?!?

Oh yeah, Congratulations!  
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

bsteves

• Fish Nerd
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Better fishing through science
  • Date Registered: Feb 2007
BTW: What the heck does your ifish handle mean?!?!?!?

Oh, bad lattitude are you Ifish's "butwhymalemodels"?  You've been thinking about kayak fishing since last September. 

How many other Ifish converts do we have here?  More specifically, did you came here because you saw a post on ifish mentioning NWKA?

Brian

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”

― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
I love that 'yak!  If Lt. Col. Kilgore was a yak fisherman instead of a surfer that would have been his kayak.  Now you just need to get a "Death from Above" decal for the bow.  ;D

bad lattitude

• Lingcod
I love that 'yak!  If Lt. Col. Kilgore was a yak fisherman instead of a surfer that would have been his kayak.  Now you just need to get a "Death from Above" decal for the bow.  ;D

I was thinking shark teeth decals for the bow and maybe a Rosie the Riveter or two near the stern...

pmanaz

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Feb 2009
Nice....I'm new to the yak thing and this is the boat I'm seriously looking at.  Between the prowler and the trident, but that dry storage is way cool.

The camo is cool and my vote is for the shark teeth scheme like the old fighter planes.

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007

I was thinking shark teeth decals for the bow and maybe a Rosie the Riveter or two near the stern...

That would be Bad A$$!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
I am hoping it will be warm/dry enough to put the shark teeth on mine this week.  Ever since I saw it on the NorCal site I've been dying to do it.

coosbayyaker

• Sturgeon
  • "Hooky Thing"
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
If you really wanted to get crazy, Make it so it looks like riveted panels like an airplane..
See ya on the water..
Roy

bad lattitude

• Lingcod
I am hoping it will be warm/dry enough to put the shark teeth on mine this week.  Ever since I saw it on the NorCal site I've been dying to do it.

Dude, do you have a link to the site? I thought I'd have an original...

Also, yes, I am butwhymalemodels on a site called Ifish. Bsteves, you are the one who pointed me to this site way back in June '08. It's been that long that I've been looking for the right ride and trying to scrape together the funds. Anyway, blew the budget on this boat, so I've got to regroup and get a paddle now. Oops, but I think it is worth it. Thinking about joining the paddle skills class on the 7th if it's still happening.

butwhymalemodels is a phrase from a movie called Zoolander that was popular (maybe not the right word) when I was graduating high school/entering college.

How did you guys link up butwhymalemodels and bad lattitude?

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/

I don't remember which guy has the shark teeth, but it is a green kayak.  I'm sure someone on this board knows who it is.  BTW, this site is the motherlode of kayak fishing information.  The originators of NWKA are all NCKA guys who moved up here.

Here's one for you I found on the 'net...  I don't think I like how it was done though.  I think I prefer the style on war planes.

anything