Forum > Let's Talk Kayak Fishing

So, How Many of Us......

(1/4) > >>

yakinthesalt:
I turned the Big Six Oh this past September, and its got me thinking.

In 2015 I got my first fishing Kayak, and dove head long into this amazing past time. After my first trip into the salt, Powerboat fishing was never to be good enough for me again, and I plan on fishing from the Tiny Plastic Ships for as long as the Good Lord will let me, hopefully well into my 70's or more.
so my question to you all is:

How many of us are 60 or over, and still fishing the Kayak?

rogerdodger:
I will be 63 at the end of May, no plans to slow down.  With chinook open again, I'm planning to go big on ocean salmon in July/August, plus as many bottom fishing/crabbing trips as possible out of Sunset Bay (starting this Friday/Saturday.  ;D).   Still hoping to get in on some stripers in the Smith but so far that's been a no go.

and definitely looking forward to fall salmon in the Siuslaw and coho lakes... 

Pepper, however, is now 12.5yo and starting to show her age a bit, her eyes are cloudy and hearing not as good, but she still punishes me when I leave her home.  My goal is to take her with me to Simpson reef just one more time (she's been there 9 times since 2019 and over the Siuslaw bar twice).  I do expect her to be with me for all the fall salmon fun, anchoring down the rear deck of the Outback and getting splashed when I net a salmon right in front of her big nose. 

cheers, roger

PNW:
Me at 73, out there when I can.

WetNet:
I'll be celebrating the 40th anniversery of my 21st birthday ;) on Sunday.
Feel younger and more alive out on the water as captain of my own little toy boat.  :laugh:

DRUBACK:
I will be 75 in July and I'm Just getting started. I also plan on
Sunset Bay on Fri and Sat for my first trip to the salt. I hope to continue thru my 80s. You Kids tear my up. Ill be in my 23 Camo Outback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version