Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Golden Gardens  (Read 10774 times)

ballardbrad

• Salmon
  • Kayak Fishing Washington
  • Date Registered: Aug 2010
I went 1 for 3 yesterday arriving at 6:30am and departing by 9:30am.  The last fish I lost broke my gear off and I failed horribly at trying to scoop this plus sized hook nose before it darted off with my flasher and bucktail.

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
I ran into a guy in the parking lot who mentioned trying unsuccessfully to snag a flasher with a fish attached to it.

I tried sleeping in and fishing the tide change again and went 0-0. Nasty out there when I was headed back in.

kredden

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
Anyone going out over the next few days? I'd like to give it a try but don't want to go out alone as I'm still new to the salt, have only done it a couple times before (lots on lakes just not salt).  Still trying to bag my first salmon.

Thanks,
Kevin

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
The next chance for me will be sometime this weekend at the earliest. Hopefully things will work out better this weekend than the past one. Thanks for everyone posting pictures for me to enjoy when I couldn't get out there myself, though. :)

BugNerd

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2018
Nice fish, Brad.

I will probably try again this weekend.  Hoping for calmer water.  Saturday was way too choppy for me to enjoy myself.

I want to try out the new rod and reel.  Can't recall the rod right off the top of my head, but the reel is an Okuma Coldwater.  Folks are commenting in reviews that the clicker is annoying, but I think it'll be fantastic.  It's loud, but there will be no question that something is on the line!

ballardbrad

• Salmon
Nice fish, Brad.

I will probably try again this weekend.  Hoping for calmer water.  Saturday was way too choppy for me to enjoy myself.

I want to try out the new rod and reel.  Can't recall the rod right off the top of my head, but the reel is an Okuma Coldwater.  Folks are commenting in reviews that the clicker is annoying, but I think it'll be fantastic.  It's loud, but there will be no question that something is on the line!

I own a Coldwater.  You can turn the clicker off.  There's a slide button on the side.

ballardbrad

• Salmon
I ran into a guy in the parking lot who mentioned trying unsuccessfully to snag a flasher with a fish attached to it.

I tried sleeping in and fishing the tide change again and went 0-0. Nasty out there when I was headed back in.

Hopefully a fellow angler got the fish and not a seal

Dawn Patrol

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Nov 2017
Pic taken at the Locks today. Lots of bigger coho, even one big chinook.

BugNerd

• Herring
Awesome.  Haven't been to the locks yet.  Definitely on my list!

JasonM

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jun 2017
I need to go there to practice on identifying different species of fish. After moving here from Alabama, I can only recognize a few species of fish that I didn't have in the southeast. I'm reasonably good at identifying pink, coho, and chinook salmon, as well as stocked rainbows in tiny lakes. I'm otherwise terrible, to the point that if I'm not sure I don't even take the fish out of the water before I release it immediately.

BugNerd

• Herring
I need to go there to practice on identifying different species of fish. After moving here from Alabama, I can only recognize a few species of fish that I didn't have in the southeast. I'm reasonably good at identifying pink, coho, and chinook salmon, as well as stocked rainbows in tiny lakes. I'm otherwise terrible, to the point that if I'm not sure I don't even take the fish out of the water before I release it immediately.

Same.  Moved here from Arkansas last year.

ballardbrad

• Salmon
I hit Ballard at 6:30 this morning and fished until 9am (just before the tide change).  Several boats out and saw a few nets.  I didn't hook into my first fish until almost 8am.  Near the green buoy...  My hot lure - Green Grand Slam Bucktail with a 25 lb leader snapped right in the center.  Leader was brand new - as was the buck tail.  Never saw that fish.  I got one more take down on the way in and picked up an 18" coho near Golden Gardens.  Keeps me coming back.

kredden

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Feb 2018
Anyone planning on going out this week?

henney

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Planning on being out there tomorrow morning for a couple of hours.