Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[Today at 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: 2014 Coho Kayak Classic Sept 6th (Ballard, WA)  (Read 12011 times)

islandson671

• Heroes On The Water NWest
  • Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2010
Fyi...This tournament will be based on the heaviest coho. It is your choice to bleed your fish but do not gut your fish. Thank you.

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
Yo Dino - thanks much for organizing.  I am really looking forward to some coho fishing and hanging out with you guys! 

I didn't see a "W" next to my name.  I emailed a scanned copy of my waiver a couple weeks ago - let me know if you didn't get it.  printer is broke :(

Also, the edmonds coho derby is this day and given edmonds doesn't have a boat ramp, a LOT of guys will be launching at shilshole and cruising north.  There will likely be 400 boats out just for that event alone, plus the normal weekend boat volume.  Be super careful y'allz!

I'm gonna launch at my secret spot! ;)
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
I got it Rory! Thanks

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Hey guys...If you don't see a W next to your name, it means I don't have your waivers and registration.

micahgee

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
Really wish I could make this but life has gotten in the way. Good luck to all the participants and may the cohos bite fast and furious all day long!
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

• Date Registered: Aug 2011
Is channel 69 still the go to channel for the kayak anglers?  Looking forward to seeing some of you out on the water. Wayne
1st place, 1st bi-annual Humpy Classic

"May the fish be always in your favor."

Rory

• Sturgeon
  • Rory's Internets Audio Blog
  • Date Registered: Jan 2010
Yah I'll be on 69.  Cya tomorrow!
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
How'd this go guys?
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

DHD

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Had A great time. Thanks to Dino and crew for putting together such A assume tournament. A special thanks to the Ballard Elk's for their hospitality. And extra special THANK YOU to wilderness systems for my new kayak. thanks again to all it was a blast. I will see you all at the slay ride.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Dan

• Date Registered: Aug 2014
I had a lot of fun as well and it was good to meet some of you at the event. Congratulations DHD! Sweet looking Kayak ;)

And thanks Dino, Brad, and volunteers for a great event.
See you on the next one.
“For the person with creative potential there is no wholeness except in using it.”
― Robert K. Greenleaf

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
I want to thank everyone that participated and helped out as well as thank all our sponsors for their generosity to make this event a success.

After making a $200 donation to the Ballard Elks Veteran's Fund, just over $1500 was raised for Heroes On The Water NWest. Your support will help local warriors to reconnect, rehabilitate and reintegrate.

Results from the Coho Kayak Classic.

Fishing was tough even for the PBs competing in another coho derby.

Only 3 participants were lucky enough to land a fish (in Polyangler's case 2 Cohos). There were a few shakers and other undersized. As well as some lost at the net.

1st Place winner of the Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 went to DHD Dan Chaffin, his fish weighed in at 4.87 lbs.
Congratulations Dan!

2nd Place is YAKtrap Todd Switzer, weighing his coho at 4.39 lbs. Way to go Todd!

3rd Place is Polyangler (formerly ravdakot) Richard Wark, only participant to limit out and his biggest chromer was 3.97 lbs. Awesome job!

Additional Great Prizes were also donated. (more pics to follow)

Yaktrap

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jul 2012
A big thanks to Dino and his crew of volunteers for putting on another great derby!
Sponsors:
Werner Paddles, RAM Mounts and Kokatat Waterwear

AOTY wins: 2013 (2049 points), 2015 (2026 points)

islandson671

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
A Special Thanks to Seattle Sports, not only did they donate 3 Catch coolers and Anchor set up. They paid for the Tournament Tees for all the participants. If you did not get your t-shirt, I will bring them to the SlayRide Derby, so don't forget to sign up.