Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:05:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Plap
[Today at 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: June 8, Deception Pass with The Riddler  (Read 16960 times)

Islander

• Perch
  • yaknfish
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Great! Let us know if you'r in Mark.  Now all we need are some fish to make it interesting.  I was drooling at your pictures from last weekend Allen.

Gary
Gary
2017 Trident 11
2012 Hobie Mirage Outback
O.K. Scrambler XT

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Gary Islander, Jeff The Riddler and I met at the bridge at 5:30.  The current was ripping and we decided to launch at Bowman.  Fished the outside of the bay and made our way over to the pass as the tide slowed.  Ended up fishing all around Pass Island before heading back.  We may have stayed about 1/2 hour too long as we had to do some hard paddling againt the current at the narrow part of the pass.  Nice paddle, but no real fish to speak of.  I shall repear ... NICE PADDLE!  Jeff was enchanted by a bullhead.  I was teased by a dogfish.   >:(

Jeff, Gary, nice to meet you both.  I hope we get to fish together again sometime soon. 

I'll post some pics later tonight when I have more time.

-Allen

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
BTW, Mark, where were you?   ???

-Allen

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
The current ripping first thing in the morning.

-Allen

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Paddling into the pass.

-Allen

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
The Riddler.

-Allen

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Islander.

-Allen

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
The catch of the day.

-Allen

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
  • It's called a "Slow Loris"
Great report, Polepole.  So that last picture, is that the dogfish or the bullhead?  And did anybody fish out of anything other than a Prowler?  Oh, that's right!  You're a company man now.  ;)  :D

Fishin-T
If at first you don't succeed....  maybe skydiving is just not for you.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
That would be a dogfish.  We were on our way back and I had gotten through the pass and was waiting for the other guys.  I dropped down and wouldn't you know it ... tap, tap, tap.  I thought I was going to save the day.  I guess I got a little too excited a little too fast as up popped this dogfish.  On a rubber worm at that!   :-[

I took receipt of a new Prowler today!  In fact, that's The Riddler paddling it.  I was paddling Fishin-T's prowler that he so kindly lent me.  Let's see ... that makes, um, 3 prowlers on the water today.  Tom, I broke your rudder.  Don't worry, one of the crimps slipped off.  I'll bring my crimp kit on Sunday and we'll fix it up good as new.

BTW, there were tons of salmon fry in the water today.  At first we thought it was bait, but upon further inspection, I saw parr marks.

-Allen

Pisco Sicko

• Sturgeon
Bummer about the lack of fish, but I imagine it was nice getting out on the water.

BTW, there were tons of salmon fry in the water today.  At first we thought it was bait, but upon further inspection, I saw parr marks.

I'm sure that's bait/breakfast to someone!  :-* Probably some cutts and dollys hanging around.

markharman

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Jun 2006
Well... as I told Allen in an email earlier today I was up to my armpits in alligators at work this week. While I had my wife's blessing to join the crew this morning my "other" boss wasn't buying in on the deal. I guess one way to look at this would be that I am important  ??? at my place of employment... I know where I really wanted to be! Hopefully I've not already worn out my welcome with Allen and the rest of the guys  :-\

Sounds and looks like it was a memorable morning even if the fish didn't want to cooperate but there is always the next time.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Hi Mark,

I didn't get an email from you.  Perhaps something went wrong in the etherworld?  No worries though.  You haven't worn out your welcome ... yet!   ;)

Just look at it this way.  You're saving up WAF (Wife Approval Factor) and BAF (Boss Approval Factor) for derby weekend, right?   ;D

-Allen

The Riddler

• Krill
  • paddle paddle....fish on!
  • New England Kayak Fishing
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Hello all! Just got home after a long week of traveling. From WA right to CT for a kayak fishing tournament. Brutal wind conditions and Noreasters that sent swells crashing into the New England coastline this whole weekend. Finding protection was key and fishing was tough. Did well on Saturday AM but found the night run last night to be brutal while trolling eels. 25knots and variable.

Thank you Gary and Polepole! Taking time off your schedule to take me out. Deception Pass was one of the most beautiful and fishy areas I have seen. Bait everywhere and spooking on top. Drop offs that seemed endless. Bald Eagles just chilling on the Bonzi style trees. Thank you for sharing with me a little of what Washington State has to offer.

If there is one thing that stood out the most on this trip was the people who lived in Washington. Everywhere I went I felt welcomed. The reallity check came when I landed at Logan Airport and the first obnoxious person was standing at the taxi stand sounding off. I suddenly reallized that I was back home and things were going well. LOL  ;D

"I feel like I have lived two lives"

Jack P.

anything