Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 07:29:58 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: KayakFishingMagazine.net articles  (Read 14336 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
Rather than post up a new thread every time there is a new article on KFM, we decided to create one thread here and will just post to it only.  If a significant discussion arises out of a particular post, we may split it out.

We  pushed out the latest issue of KFM yesterday.  Check it out!

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/home/recent-issues/archive/view/listid-3-main/mailid-37-kayak-fishing-magazine-fall-striper-issue.html

BTW, we also recently moved to a new email service.  If you didn't receive your copy of the issue, check your spam box.  You can add info@kayakfishingmagazine.net to your contacts in order to prevent it from going to your spam box in the future.

Thanks.

-Allen

andyjade

• Sturgeon
  • Photo Dump
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
KFM also features an extensive guide to fishing kayaks. The newest models will soon be joining the ranks. User reviews are the driving feature, and editorial scribbling will also float in from time to time. It can be found here:

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/component/jreviews/reviews/fishing-kayaks-guide_s55/

KFM staff/editorial reviews will soon appear for 2013 offerings from Wilderness Systems, Malibu, RTM, Hurricane, and others. I posted some early thoughts on the Jackson Cuda 12, as well.

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/component/content/article/312-jackson-kayak/1504-jackson-kayak-cuda-12.html

If you own one of the already posted models, it's a free and easy process to register and thus be able to scrawl your opinions in Review Town.
Blog/Photo Dump

Editor, The Milkcrate, Kayak Angler Lifestyle.

ronbo613

Just wanted to let you know, the "kayakfishingmagazine.net" domain sets off my NOD32 antivirus program and does not allow access.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Just wanted to let you know, the "kayakfishingmagazine.net" domain sets off my NOD32 antivirus program and does not allow access.

What's the error message?

-Allen

ronbo613

Virus Alert Messages

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon

Spot

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • Cabby Strong!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2007
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  --Mark Twain

Sponsors and Supporters:
Team Daiwa        Next Adventure       Kokatat Immersion Gear

Tournament Results:
2008 AOTY 1st   2008 ORC 1st  2009 AOTY 1st  2009 NA Sturgeon Derby 1st  2012 Salmon Slayride 3rd  2013 ORC 3rd  2013 NA Sturgeon Derby 2nd  2016 NA Chinook Showdown 3rd  2020 BCS 2nd   2022 BCS 1st

Dray

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
New products from Scotty ... http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/gear-guide/91-new-kayak-gear/1527-new-from-scotty-fall-2012.html

Couldn't find an actual release date on the website; it just says fall 2012...isn't that NOW?  Been wanting the slip disks since someone here showed them off a while back...and that head track adapter looks slick.
Dave

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011

Net-nanny at work blocks it.  Can't figure out why, but it does.
2012 ORC 5th Place

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon

Net-nanny at work blocks it.  Can't figure out why, but it does.

Yeah, we had some hacker issues this summer.  It's really easy to get on a blacklist, it takes some time to get off of one.   :'(

ronbo613

Yeah, we had some hacker issues this summer.  It's really easy to get on a blacklist, it takes some time to get off of one.
I assume you guys have a dedicated IP address? Also, if you are on a shared server, if there are spamming/blacklisted sites on the same server as you sometimes you'll get blacklisted as well.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
Yeah, we had some hacker issues this summer.  It's really easy to get on a blacklist, it takes some time to get off of one.
I assume you guys have a dedicated IP address? Also, if you are on a shared server, if there are spamming/blacklisted sites on the same server as you sometimes you'll get blacklisted as well.

Dedicated server with a dedicated IP address.

I just did a quick check.  Google, Trend Micro, Norton, all have the site listed as clean.  As do all the "clearinghouse" blacklists I normally use.  I'm not sure what underlying database NOD32 or Net Nanny uses.  Do you guys know off hand?  I'll do a little more research.  When's the last time you update your antivirus db's?

-Allen

sumpNZ

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2011
I used Net Nanny as a generic term for the site blocking they do here at work.  I have no idea what the actual software is.  Nor do I know, or have any say in, the updating schedules.
2012 ORC 5th Place

ronbo613

I'm not sure what underlying database NOD32 or Net Nanny uses.  Do you guys know off hand?
Maybe this will help:
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141&ref=wsf

When's the last time you update your antivirus db's?
Daily. I have two websites that attract unwanted bots and spam, NOD32 does the best job for me, pretty much tried all the other A/V programs out there.

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
NuCanoe focuses on kayak fishing, adds a host of accessories including Mighty Mounts, Max 360 Seats, a Casting Bar, and a Transformer Paddle.

http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/articles/325-in-the-news/1536-nucanoe-unveils-2013-product-line-with-focus-on-kayak-fishing-.html

-Allen