Forum > Recipes

It is here! Gluten Free Pride of the West.

(1/2) > >>

INSAYN:
Remember this goodness that we use at ORC, AOTD, as well as other fishing tournaments?

Now there is this goodness for our gluten-free folks. 
Found it today in the meat/seafood department at Fred Meyers.
I would imagine it would also be on the isle that has the fish fry batters.  I will keep an eye open and see if it pops up in other stores as well.

INSAYN:
Well, I can finally report back on this new Gluten Free Pride of the West batter mix. 

Damn good! 

I wasn't too optimistic of it being anywhere as good as the original mix, but I will say it did not disappoint. 
Follow the instructions and let it rest at the 15 mins to absorb the liquid properly, adjust the consistency from there.
Deep fry at 365 till golden brown and the breading comes out nice and crispy with great texture in the bite. 

The fish itself (Lingcod) came out perfectly cooked, super juicy and perfect texture as desired.

sumpNZ:
Excellent!  I have a hard time getting SWMBO to eat fish.  Doesn't seem to matter if it turns out better than anything a gourmet restaurant puts out.  But, maybe this will help.  Since she has Celiac having more gluten free options is always a good thing.

C_Run:
What's in it?

INSAYN:
Not gluten.  ;D

https://www.amazon.com/Pride-West-Gluten-Purpose-Batter/dp/B07G2GYDF8#immersive-view_1554506948357

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version