Forum > Recipes

It is here! Gluten Free Pride of the West.

<< < (2/2)

Zach.Dennis:
I had it a few weeks ago after you posted. I ran down to Fred Meyers to grab some for my grandfather in law. I thought it tasted great. I still prefer the original but it was a good substitute compared to other gluten free options.

My favorite restaurant to get fish and chips is the corbit fish house. Their fish and chips is also gluten free as it uses rice flour as th e base I believe.

INSAYN:

--- Quote from: Zach.Dennis on April 06, 2019, 07:13:48 AM ---I had it a few weeks ago after you posted. I ran down to Fred Meyers to grab some for my grandfather in law. I thought it tasted great. I still prefer the original but it was a good substitute compared to other gluten free options.

My favorite restaurant to get fish and chips is the corbit fish house. Their fish and chips is also gluten free as it uses rice flour as th e base I believe.

--- End quote ---

Reading the back of the label of the GF Pride of the West, it looks like it is rice flour based as well.

C_Run:

--- Quote from: INSAYN on April 06, 2019, 10:33:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Zach.Dennis on April 06, 2019, 07:13:48 AM ---I had it a few weeks ago after you posted. I ran down to Fred Meyers to grab some for my grandfather in law. I thought it tasted great. I still prefer the original but it was a good substitute compared to other gluten free options.

--- End quote ---

Reading the back of the label of the GF Pride of the West, it looks like it is rice flour based as well.

--- End quote ---

That would have been my guess, rice or corn. The Cereal Crops class I took in college is finally paying off. Personally, I like gluten.

INSAYN:

--- Quote from: C_Run on April 06, 2019, 10:59:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: INSAYN on April 06, 2019, 10:33:43 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That would have been my guess, rice or corn. The Cereal Crops class I took in college is finally paying off. Personally, I like gluten.

--- End quote ---

I too prefer gluten flours/foods, but my mother has found that gluten free foods don't cause bloating and now that I am getting closer to 50 I feel that I should probably follow her lead.  It takes me a long time to digest pizza crust and pasta.

The good thing though, more and and more products are being made GF, actually taste good and have a reasonable texture.

Captain Redbeard:
Thanks for reporting back - I'll have to give that a try.

At my house we just mix corn flour with GF panko, salt, and spices. Dry the fish thoroughly, dredge in whipped egg, dredge in breading mix, directly into the fryer. I prefer this type of breading but it would be fun to do something different and try the batter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version