Forum > Recipes

Redneck's Cabazon Fish Tacos

(1/7) > >>

Romanian Redneck:
I was craving some fish tacos so I thawed out some Cabazon and went to work. Here's how it went:

Ingredients:

-cabazon, lingcod, or rockfish fillets cut to 1 inch strips
-vegetable oil
-all purpose flour
-Johnny's seasoning
-garlic salt
-Panko bread crumbs
-Italian bread crumbs
-3 eggs

-cut fish into 1 inch strips
-preheat vegetable oil in a deep pan till it reaches deep frying temperature.
-place all purpose flour, garlic salt, and Johnny's seasoning into a zip lock bag. Place fish in with mixture. Shake the hell out of it.
-dip fish in egg then roll in Italian bread crumbs and Panko mixture.
-place in heated oil for 2-5 minutes or until fish flakes. (flip once while in pan)
-once fish is done, serve on a pan crisped wheat tortilla with the delicious taco sauce (recipe below), chives, onions, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and chopped romaine leaves.

In my opinion the sauce makes the taco. I like this version for this type of taco the best.

Fish Taco Sauce:

Ingredients:
-1 cup Greek yogurt (honey or plain)
-1 cup mayonnaise
-1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh squeezed)
-1 tablespoon cumin
-1 tablespoon oregano
-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-3 minced garlic cloves

-Mince the garlic as fine as possible.
-mix all of the ingredients together and whisp until it turned a strawberry creme color.
-refrigerate for at least a half hour before serving.

Enjoy!
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INSAYN:
Bravo!   :notworthy: 

I'm not a big fan of whole wheat other than occasionally toast, but I'd help ya clean up on that grub! 

I'll be testing that sauce next time I do a round of fish tacos. 

akfishergal:
Looks fabulous -- I think I'll try that with some of the halibut that's on hand.  I've never seen "Johnny's Seasoning" in the stores up here though.  Can you take a guess at the spice blends it contains? Just curious.

Romanian Redneck:
Thanks guys!
AFG, this is from Johnny's website:

"Johnny's Seasoning Salt contains salt, sugar, paprika, pepper, garlic, soy sauce powder, cellulose gel and citric acid. The seasoning salt with the yellow lid contains added soy and wheat"

It's great with chicken, fish, beef, pretty much anything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee:
Those look great.  I love Johnny's seasoning, their lemon pepper seasoning is really good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version