Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:04:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:45:55 AM]

[April 26, 2024, 02:11:19 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

by Spot
[April 23, 2024, 10:57:58 AM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 22, 2024, 05:40:19 PM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: ORC 2016 Thumbs up!  (Read 3409 times)

INSAYN

• ORC_Safety
  • Sturgeon
  • **RIP...Ron, Ro, AMB, Stephen**
  • Date Registered: Aug 2008
From the INSAYN Fishing Team, we would like to give a big thanks to Wobbler, Craig M, Bsteves, Ndogg, and those that were also behind the scenes making this happen. 

The layout and execution of the event was about as dialed in as humanly possible given the time frame that this was all put together, the legal logistics, ocean and weather conditions, and pulling in all the great swag from all the great sponsors. 

A big thanks to Sumpz for orchestrating the whole fish fry/potluck, along with frying the fish as well.   
To Cosmo, Lil Cos, Sherm, Lil INSAYN, BlueWrx02, and MurseStrong for all the help in the (outside) kitchen. 

The young guns Li'l Cos, and Lil INSAYN did a bangup job running up and down the stairs keeping an eye on the fish and tortilla trays for us down stairs so we knew what to push faster at any given moment.   

Lil Cos kept us cooks well stocked with fish tacos that he assembled upstairs and brought back down to us as we fried/grilled away down there.  In addition to running stairs, Lil INSAYN kept all the cooks properly hydrated as well.

Another pat on the back we would like to throw out there, is to Mike and his wife from Hoggs/JoMar Tackle. 
What an awesome rolling store that they put together to provide everyone with fresh rockfishing tackle right there at camp.  Looking forward to seeing it again next year! 

"If I was ever stranded on a beach with only hand lotion...You're the guy I'd want with me!"   Polyangler, 2/27/15

Kyle M

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Glad it turned out fun. Hopefully I can make it next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluewrx02

• Salmon
  • Facebook
  • Date Registered: Jan 2011
Yes I agree. A big thank you to the organizers of the event. Thank you to all the sponsors. Big thanks to Andrew and the cooking crew and the cleanup crew.

A special thanks to Brian for working so hard on selling extra tickets. I'm so sorry you didn't get to eat. I'll make you a batch of kalbi that you can grill at home.

Let's hope next year we can go out and fish!
2011 Oregon Rockfish Classic – 1st place
2013 Oregon Rockfish Classic - 1st place

2011 Hobie Outback     
2013 Hobie Revo 13     
2014 Hobie Adventure Island

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Agreed!! Thank you all for all the hard work put into it. Of course it was a bummer that the weather/ocean didn't cooperate with us to allow us to fish, but it was good to get together anyways. Further I would like to thank Brian for announcing a rough estimate on how much money was raised for the charities, of course we know it wasn't exact, but the transparency is much appreciated!
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Long_Shot

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
It was a great event even with the ocean not cooperating. The fishing was actually OK on the river. I saw several chinook caught including a nice one by my son. Great food, great folks, and great prizes! Thank you all very much for putting on this event and thanks to all who donated the raffle items. I want to say a special “thank you” to the folks at Wilderness Systems for donating the Wilderness Systems Thresher 140 w/ rudder and a Adventure Technology Odyssey Angler 240 Paddle - I can’t wait to use it!

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Hear hear! Everyone seemed to make the most of an unfavorable forecast and it was a fun weekend. Great to meet new people and get to know people better too.

All of the event organizers and helpers did a great job. The potluck/fish-fry was awesome too.

I appreciate Terry and his wife from Lancer Jigs coming by as well - it was good to talk to them and pick up some more lures. Good folks!