Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: New Sportmans PDL 120  (Read 5173 times)

showa

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: May 2016
I just ordered a new Sportmans PDL 120 from REI in Hilssdboro, OR. It will cost you $160 for shipping cost, but you will get $220 (10%) back for a membership discount. You still come out ahead. You need to talk Josh Swanson in Hillsboro not from other REI stores.

BentRod

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
Congratulations!

That's interesting.  I contacted my local REI (Seattle area) a couple months ago and was told they would not place orders.  Will have to follow up and see what reply I get now. 

showa

• Rockfish
You have to order from Hillsboro store where I help them work all these issue out with Oldtown. I live in Seattle too, but order kayak from Oregon for no tax and I can see my sisters in the same time. Killing two birds with one stone.

couriersean

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Oct 2020
Another option up north: Olympic Outdoor Center in Port Gamble has a Salty PDL or 2 in stock, and they pay the sales tax and offer 10% off all other products for life. They have a salty and a sportsman to demo, and I think their next order is early spring. I just picked up a Salty today.

• Date Registered: Feb 2021
Showa, did you get an ETA on your 120? I purchased/reserved a Sportsman PDL 120 myself but the dealer has not been provided an ETA by Old Town yet. Austin Kayak online ETAs are end of June. I'm hoping that is not the case for this dealer too.

showa

• Rockfish
No, REI told me in July when I placed the order in January. At the time, we don't have any covid vaccine. Now there are 3 approved vaccines, so I hope thing will change in the near future when all Oldtown employees got their shot. I am hoping to get my in May, keep my finger cross.

3weight

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Mar 2021
I bought the last 120 coming in as part of Next Adventure's next shipment.  Last week they still had a few 106's that are not spoken for yet.

showa

• Rockfish
I don't want the 106, too small for me. I canceled the order from REI, and place the order with Olympic outdoor center in Port Gamble (closer to my house and no tax). yak will be here in May, I can live without a kayak for a few weeks. Not easy, but not much that I can do.

BentRod

• Rockfish
I surprisingly found at PDL 120 available on on Cabela's website.  Ordered it.  Showed up relatively quick at just over two weeks, which was shocking.  I couldn't pick it up for another week.  It was still in it's wrapping when I arrived.  I had them unpack it to find damage to the nose where it looked like a forklift tine had run into it.  Cabela's told me they'd refund my money and I could order another one, but since they don't have any I can't order another one.  I talked to Old Town about the situation and was told to keep looking. 

couriersean

• Herring
That sucks...I assume Olympic Paddle Center sold the one you reserved already? Somebody mentioned Sportsman's Warehouse was getting Old Town PDL's shipped soon

BentRod

• Rockfish
That sucks...I assume Olympic Paddle Center sold the one you reserved already? Somebody mentioned Sportsman's Warehouse was getting Old Town PDL's shipped soon

I wasn't the one who reserved one at Olympic Paddle Center.  I've checked all over and have not found anyone (who's replied) who has anything on the horizon. 

couriersean

• Herring
I don't see any sportsmans on Olympic Outdoor's website, but there are a couple salty's coming in May.  ;) 
Sounds like everybody jumped on the last couple batches of kayaks in the area, so you might be waiting until the next shipment I see in August!

showa

• Rockfish
They told me they have a few coming in the middle of MAY, I hope they did not pull my leg.

• Date Registered: Feb 2021
Maybe check Sportsman's Warehouse too. I was in the Hillsboro one today and was surprised to see an Autopilot at the store. I didn't make it around to see if they had any others but it looks like Sportsman's stores are getting a few.

uplandsandpiper

Next Adventure has a couple in stock right now.