Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout VI  (Read 11996 times)

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
"The walking Jed"!!!  ;D

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
LOL, that is great! In a sick way, I almost hope I get third!
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

loreglas

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I'm really bummed, Mickey and I have to cancel. Mickey is having trouble with his back and can't do much. Jed, do you want us to pay for the t shirts ? Good luck everyone.
Hobie Outback   Tarpon 120
9th place Brownlee Crappie Shootout 2017

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Stoked to have Phenix Rods on the BCS sponsor list this year.

Phenix makes some super sweet, high quality rods that are reasonably prices. They have an extensive line of rods ranging from Ultra Light to Heavy Duty offshore sticks. These rods are very light and sensitive with good backbone. Perfect for detecting light bites while still having the power to put the wood to big fish.

The donations consists of a Phenix Maxim 7'7" fast action rod and a lighter Maxim 6'10" mod-fast tip.

I had a chance to try out their Feather rod and was super impressed with the action. It telegraphed the softest crappie bites like a shot to my hand through a unique reel seat system that improves sensitivity. Two thumbs up from me but the crappie didn't agree ;D

Visit https://phenixrods.com/ to learn more about their rods and pick out a winner for you next trip.

Thank you for the awesome donation Scarlett.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Idaho River Sports sent 10% off coupons for the BCS swags bags.

IRS has been in business for 35 years offering Boise and surrounding areas a complete line of kayaking equipment. They carry all of the biggest names in the kayaking industry and the staff is well informed on products and techniques if you have any questions.

Conveniently located, the shop is just steps from a paved launch into Quinns pond so you can try before you buy which is always a good idea. Just a little further away is the Boise whitewater park for those looking for a little more of an adventure.

They have everything from kayaks to components. The wall of accessories is my favorite hang out :D

Check out the shop online at https://idahoriversports.com/ or visit them in person at 601 N Whitewater Park Blvd, Boise, ID 83702

IRS is also sponsoring some local bass fishing tournaments. Check out  Kayak Fishing Northwest (KFNW) and https://kayakfishingnorthwest.com/ to see when and where the next event is being held.

Thank you for the support Jo and Stan.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 08:20:36 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Next Adventure is always down to help out the kayak fishing community and this year is no exception. They sponsor many of the local events such as the Oregon Rockfish Classic, The Chinook Showdown, and the NWKA Angler of the Year event. I participate in these and really appreciate the support that Next provides.

If the donation is anything like previous years they will be sending a boat load of gear to the BCS VI.

Next Adventure is THE shop to visit if you need of any sort of outdoor gear in the Portland area. I even know of people that drive in from Washington to visit the store because of their expert knowledge and quality gear they provide.

If you want to rent a kayak for a day on the water or if you would like to take one for a test drive, then you can visit their Scappoose Bay Paddling Center. I took a friend there to test a couple of kayaks last year and can say that shop runs very smoothly making the process super easy.

They also have a solid online game at https://www.nextadventure.net/ so if you need anything for your Next Adventure please check them out.

Thanks for all of the support CJ and good luck on winning this year. Try not to be third :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 06:19:52 AM by jed »

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
The car is loaded. The kayaks are on the trailer. Ready for the 6 plus hour drive. BCS VI here we come!
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
The car is loaded. The kayaks are on the trailer. Ready for the 6 plus hour drive. BCS VI here we come!

I wish there was some way of monitoring the developments of the Shootout so that those of us who may never participate can still experience it vicariously during the event. This organized effort by those members volunteering their extensive time and energy, as well as the impressive list of sponsors and donations is one of the most "well-oiled machines" I've seen by a niche group of outdoors people. My congratulations to all of you involved, including each angler who signed up to play the game.

Looking forward to seeing the results as a number of you participants have indicated some serious dedication of effort to place high up on the board.  Will prophecies...or dreams...come true?  ;D

Any chance some anglers could give us some TEASERS here on this thread tomorrow without giving away their game plans?  Like a post and pic of a good catch or of one of the more difficult species to nail...just to make the competition drool.

Good luck to all. I envy you. Play safe.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Hi Klondike Kid, the reception down at the park is about zero but I can get some here in town. Pre fishing has been tough with heavy wind and water rising by feet a day. That makes the reservoir different every day so anyone has a fair shot at winning. The fish has been spread out but smallies are everywhere as usual. If you can find a perch or crappie, they are big. I seen a perch that was 13” yesterday and multiple crappie that were 14” or more. Jimbob got a 15”er on Thursday. The pic below is Kredden with a 14.5 caught on Friday. It’s currently 4am game day so I’m heading down to the launch to meet late arrivals. Will try to keep you guys posted.

Klondike Kid

• Lingcod
  • The Eagle Whisperer
  • Alaska Outdoor Journal
  • Date Registered: Sep 2016
Thanks Jed.

Looks to me like you boys and girls are having some "inclement" weather to deal with. Chilly and windy down there, not to mention the reservoir level changes forcing the fish to constantly adjust to a new environment. Will be interesting to see how the stringers turn out.  Just as nasty in AK today, 50°F, cloudy, windy....I'm tying up rockfish and greenling flies today!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Take a Kid Fishing and Hook'em For Life!  ~KK~

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
I will post a BCS VI results post but for inquiring minds...............

Magic Mike Ragland had a fantastic day edging out Evan Merz by about 1.5 inches of crappie.

Hope to have more and better pix soon.

anything