Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:52:48 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM]

by jed
[April 29, 2024, 05:39:20 PM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Mothers day weekend Halibut.  (Read 4242 times)

Kenai_guy

• Salmon
  • It's not as fun if it's easy
  • Date Registered: Jan 2012
Guys and gals.....I'll be down at Deep Creek next weekend for some fishing.  I'm going out on a charter on the 12th, but am free on Friday and Sunday for some yak fishing.  Anyone want to meet up?  I'll be camping down at the beach.
No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC
4th place 2014 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic
1st fish ever entered & Day 1 Champion 2013 Whiskey Gulch Yak Classic

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
This might be do-able for me for Friday yak fishing, but I have to be off the water by nightfall....  I'll see if I can talk the husband into taking the day off. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:04:40 PM by akfishergal »

Kenai_guy

• Salmon
I meant to say Friday evening I'm free.  I'll head that way Friday evening, but it could be a late one.
No matter how many times the PB's tell me I'm nuts....I still smile every time I out fish them

9th place 2014 ORC

akfishergal

• Salmon
Drat that conventional work week! I might not make it past Kenai Lake on Friday then. It's got to be open this week, no?

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I was thinking of taking Friday off and heading down and fishing through Saturday. I just got a fresh report for kenai lake. Still solid as of 6 pm Sunday. Guy says it looks like awhile still till its thawed.

kpispro

• Krill
  • Date Registered: May 2012
I'm thinking about heading out Friday and coming back Saturday night or early Sunday pending tides.

akfishergal

• Salmon
Saturday, it's Deep Creek for me -- weather permitting -- trolling for Kings and halibut. Morning high tide is @ 8:37, so it will be an early launch. This time I'll try to keep the yak pointed in the right direction.

Kenai_guy

• Salmon
Just Saturday? 

9th place 2014 ORC

akfishergal

• Salmon
I'll come down on Friday, but return to Anchorage for Mother's Day. I'd feel guilty as anything if I weren't able to spend that day with my poor dear mom.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Ok..you folks are making me feel guilty.  I am going to try a perverse line of thought to justify fishing...

My kids have Japanese school on Saturday so I think I will drive down to Kenai Saturday night and stay at my parents house.  Give my mom some good face time on Saturday (kinda like letting your kids open a few Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve instead of day) Let my kids enjoy Sunday with their grandparents for mother's day while I stay out of the way since the kids are much cuter than I am......

So looks like Sunday fishing for me..... I hope karma agrees it's not that bad of a plan....
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

dudemandude

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Good luck! I am still on the slope! oh well, can't wait till this next time off!!!!! My wife will be off when I am off for the rest of the summer! Which means depending on the weather, budget and plans we will have some quality fishing time together!

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/112737-Shore-Fishing-on-the-Kenai-Peninsula-and-Homer

The halibut are in! I would recommend going out of Whiskey Gulch! That is where my wife and I will be going for a few days. Caught most of my halibut out of Whiskey last year. I might try off the spit somewhere in deeper water up to 200 ft deep. Good luck when you guys go. Remember if you think you are moving to fast with the wind, tide get a drift sock works wonders in the wind, all you will have to deal with is where the tide is going to take you.

Be Safe!

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
Alright Im all packed. Im set to roll out at 4 am or so tomorrow (friday). My plan is to hit up whiskey gulch and fish it friday. Ill be camped down there too. Ill fish saturday, Ill see where everyone is at and try and join the crowd. and probably pack it up that evening and head back.

kardinal_84

• Sturgeon
  • Perseverance Pays!
  • Kayak Fishing Southcentral Alaska
  • Date Registered: Mar 2011
Lucky!  Be careful.  Calling for some choppy water but if you are camped out there, you will have your windows of opportunity. 

Still battling this cold and I have parental duties this week.  Going to keep an eye out fo Sunday but can't committ.  Argh.  Need to get out and prep for the derby!!
Personal Chauffeur for Kokatat & Hobie Fishing Team member, Ryu .

Personal fishing sites of Alaska Kayak Angling adventures of my son and I. I am NOT a guide.
guidesak.blogspot.com
AlaskaKayakFisher.com

akfishergal

• Salmon
I'll look for RFM at Whiskey Gulch, and with luck will be able to fish some with him tomorrow. Hope to find some. I'm determined to keep the fish in front of me this time out. 

rimfirematt

• Salmon
  • Hit Me up on Facebook!
Alright! I'm pretty sure I had a King on too!

anything