Forum > The Kayak Shack

2020 PA12/14 360 + Kick-up fins

(1/5) > >>

rogerdodger:
very interesting, amazing engineering.  requires a new steering system for the drive, maybe they also add this to the Revo when it is redesigned (2021 Revo 360?) but hard to see them modifying many other boats for these drives. 

The "Kick-up Fins" are perhaps something they could add to normal MD180 drives, that would be excellent.

per Hobie:  MSRP is $4649 for the PA12 and $4799 for the PA14

https://www.hobie.com/kayaks/mirage-pro-angler-14-360/?fbclid=IwAR0KdUNGzDuFpeKAhaL893xJmz2VGsfPKRNpainh4v6Nf_d3fnj1SutcL4Y

RoxnDox:
Huh. Looks like they took those external chains and made it into internal shafts and gearing. Maybe you Hobie guys won’t have so many problems losing your nuts now!

>:D

rogerdodger:

--- Quote from: RoxnDox on July 09, 2019, 06:36:51 AM ---Huh. Looks like they took those external chains and made it into internal shafts and gearing. Maybe you Hobie guys won’t have so many problems losing your nuts now!

>:D

--- End quote ---

looks like the new drives still have some nuts!  I'm wondering how soon they announce the 'MD180 Kick-Up fins' version, more important to many of us, the Kick-up fins look like something they could offer as an upgrade to existing 180 drives, please Hobie, please.

bsteves:
Wow $6500 MSRP. ... or you can learn a sculling draw stroke with your paddle.   I’ve been going sideways with my kayak for years.   ;)

rogerdodger:

--- Quote from: bsteves on July 09, 2019, 07:15:14 AM ---Wow $6500 MSRP. ... or you can learn a sculling draw stroke with your paddle.   I’ve been going sideways with my kayak for years.   ;)

--- End quote ---

Hobie pricing:  MSRP is $4649 for the PA12 and $4799 for the PA14

Pro Anglers aren't the right boat for me (I would need a second Labrador to take along) but I would love those Kick-Up fins on my 180 drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version