Forum > Kayak Sailing

No activity here for 2 months

(1/3) > >>

joecool911:
I've been a sailor for 20 years, but never a kayak. Since I have a strong background in sailing I figure it's a great way to be lazy and cover ground. Can't believe that there is such little activity here. You can even troll with a sail. I'd love to hear about some adventures!

Tinker:
Have you seen the wind on the coast?  Or are you kidding us?

Mojo Jojo:
Bet you could get a PA cookin before it rolled! >:D

joecool911:
Watch this video.

This guys sails...available in USA from etsy can be reefed. High winds should be no problem. Just roll out what you feel comfortable with. Comes complete with mast, furler and all running rigging and cleats/pulleys for around $430. Pretty nice setup!

I raced lightnings. No such thing as reeling. Full sails unless it's blowing 35+...then they don't race.

You can always reduce sail area, but you can't generate wind that's not there. Now water conditions may not be conducive to sailing a kayak. That screamin northwest is a bear.

INSAYN:
I really wanted to utilize my AI this year in the ocean to get further out, or further from port.

However, this is also my sons first year fishing in the ocean with me and I really didn't feel it was a good idea to just leave him in the dust.  No point discouraging him right off the bat.

The AI will get it's day in the ocean eventually.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version