Forum > Heroes On the Water

Covid Vaccinations for Veterans

<< < (2/3) > >>

snopro:
They are available.  Try a different location.  I could have had one at Bimart last week if I was the right age.

Matt M:

--- Quote from: Tinker on March 20, 2021, 09:56:49 AM ---I don't "figure".  I got that information from the person in charge of vaccinations in my area just yesterday.  Eligibility isn't the same as vaccine availability - fewer than half of the registered 70-year old folks where I live have been vaccinated. There's a limited amount of vaccine around and OHA is trickling it in, 200 doses at a time.

--- Quote from: snopro on March 20, 2021, 08:40:59 AM ---How do you figure.  Everyone over 16 who wants a vaccine should be able to get it by May 1st. 

I'm going to be eligible on march 29th.  To my surprise I reciently read I have an underlying condition.  I have a barely qualifying BMI.  Pizza and beer intake is paying off.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You definitely can get it elsewhere in the state if you're able to travel. I know you've got family up this way so it may be worth a trip. Let me know if you're interested and I can help get you scheduled either here or somewhere near you. I have gotten a bunch of family and friends appointments, it takes persistence but we can make it happen if you're willing to drive a bit.

couriersean:
I can't speak for the 200 doses being released at a time, as I haven't looked this information up, but I can speak on my direct knowledge of my wife's office: She is part of a small private practice in WA, and depending on which vaccine they get, their office will do 200 doses (pfizer I believe), or 700-800 doses (moderna I believe) in an afternoon! They run 1 or 2 of these clinics a week now, and there are a number of clinics doing the same thing in our area (Kitsap County WA).
Your dr's office might only get 200 doses at a time, but surely there are more offices/clinics/hospitals you can reach out to. Also, you might try to get on what I'm calling the "dumpster diver list." Every day we run a vaccine clinic, there are no-shows...these no-show shots have to be thrown out, so you might see if you can get on a list for these "junk" vaccines.

RoxnDox:
Yes, definitely try to get on the notify lists for vaccine doses that would have to thrown out.  Sources can be CVS, Walgreens, Kroger’s, Safeway, etc, in addition to the hospitals and state/county sites.

Drifter2007:

--- Quote from: Tinker on March 20, 2021, 06:31:28 AM ---You might have mentioned it, Drifter.  We have a lot of veteran's in this forum and OHA is doing a piss-poor job of getting vaccine distributed.  Right now, I should be fully vaccinated, but I might - MIGHT - see my first vaccine in late May or early June.

If I can call the VA and schedule a vaccination appointment, that information might be important to know.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version