Forum > Montana Kayak Fishing

Spring 2021 Mack Days on Flathead Lake

(1/5) > >>

pmmpete:
The Spring 2021 Mack Days fishing derby started today (March 19) on Flathead Lake, and will continue until May 16.  If you want to get paid to go fishing, this is where to do it. Check out the Mack Days website at https://mackdays.com/.

Those sneaky lake trout had deserted my favorite fishing spots, but I found a herd of them elsewhere and pulled in 22 before heading for home in the early afternoon.

bb2fish:
I look forward to your posts of Mack Days and your Lake Trout catching every year!   :banjo:

pmmpete:

--- Quote from: bb2fish on March 20, 2021, 01:32:20 PM ---I look forward to your posts of Mack Days and your Lake Trout catching every year!   :banjo:

--- End quote ---
Come out to Montana and join the fun!

bb2fish:
Pete, you should host a Lake Trout CLINIC this time of year.  It sure would be fun to join you!!  I'll certainly let you know when I'm in the area.

pmmpete:

--- Quote from: bb2fish on March 20, 2021, 08:31:24 PM ---Pete, you should host a Lake Trout CLINIC this time of year.  It sure would be fun to join you!!  I'll certainly let you know when I'm in the area.

--- End quote ---
An advantage of fishing during Mack Days is that you can learn a lot about where the lake trout are by watching the motorboat anglers, a lot of whom are way better at catching lake trout than I'll ever be.

This time of year, the weather can be a bit brisk.  It isn't unusual to be fishing in snow squalls.  But it'll be getting warmer soon, and the lake trout fishing is great all summer long. And I enjoy showing visiting kayak anglers around on Flathead Lake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version