Forum > The Kayak Shack

Hobie announcement on May14 is...

(1/6) > >>

rogerdodger:
any guesses, serious or otherwise, what Hobies big "Whole New Breed" announcement on Friday might be?

here are mine:

Revo is due for a new hull design, so that is sort of a boring guess.

adding to the hulls designed for the 360 drive, perhaps an Outback360 or new design Revo360?

change to new manufacturing process and/or materials set?  perhaps one that reduces weight?

long shot that would definitely be a whole new breed: addition of board lifting wings that raise the kayak out of the water at speed:  https://liftfoils.com/

kimeun:
Gonna guess a motor to keep up with Old Town's Sportsman line. Hoping so, so I can finally join the 360 drive crowd after-market. Still have the original drive so I only go forward 💨

no_oil_needed:
I've been seeing a lot of videos about the inflatables including a 4-person beast.

rogerdodger:

--- Quote from: no_oil_needed on May 13, 2021, 03:41:17 PM ---I've been seeing a lot of videos about the inflatables including a 4-person beast.

--- End quote ---

yeah, there is a whole new inflatable line called 'iTrek' but they have been out for like 6months, I think.

workhard:
A mid-line kayak to compete with Old Town. I think the Sportsman is killing Hobie right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version