Forum > The Kayak Shack

Old Town Sportsman scupper plugs

(1/3) > >>

Mzungu19:
Any Sportsman owners out there? My wife’s didn’t come with scupper plugs like my Predator did, and I’m wondering why not. The shop owner where it was purchased said that Sportsman’s don’t ship with plugs. Seems odd. Anyway, I purchased the same plugs I have for her and one fits well, others seem to fit halfway in, and others clearly are not fitting at all. Anyone else have similar issues?

Ted

HuyFishin:

--- Quote from: Mzungu19 on May 14, 2021, 01:02:07 PM ---Any Sportsman owners out there? My wife’s didn’t come with scupper plugs like my Predator did, and I’m wondering why not. The shop owner where it was purchased said that Sportsman’s don’t ship with plugs. Seems odd. Anyway, I purchased the same plugs I have for her and one fits well, others seem to fit halfway in, and others clearly are not fitting at all. Anyone else have similar issues?

Ted

--- End quote ---

Hey Ted unfortunately The scuppers in the front are a different size. Change the Orings  to 1 1/4"x1"x1/8" "O" rings

It should fit properly after that.

Spot:
Just out of curiosity, why are you installing supper plugs?

Mark

HarvestNFaith:
I'm thinking about putting plugs in. I lost a 3.5 spinner setup I was about to clip on. Just happened to fall right through the scupper hole by my feet.

Interested to hear how the o ring change goes.

Mzungu19:
I guess I thought I needed them based on the fact that they came with the Predator. I haven’t been fishing in them long enough to have experienced options either way. Just though it a pretty poor design to have different size scuppers on the same boat. Since I’ve purchased them, I’ll get new o-rings for them and it sounds like that should solve it - thanks for the replies, and I’ll let you know how the new o-rings fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version