Forum > The Kayak Shack

Need help with Kayak selection

<< < (5/6) > >>

LawyerBob:
40% off?! Very cool! The drive alone goes for around $900-1k, so you basically got a new drive and then the kayak for just a few hundred.

I’m supposed to get mine later this week. Fingers crossed their forklift driver isn’t the same as last time.

LawyerBob:
BTW, here are Navarre Kayak's top three suggested mods:

+ Rudder Bolt (firms up the rudder and allows for adjustments as the line can stretch over use);
+ Steering Knob Upgrade (supposedly makes it less likely to catch on your pdf/gear);
+ Floating Propeller Nut (tool-less on/off in case it gets wrapped in line).

I also picked up his Salty PDL drive spacers (some L/R slop can develop after a lot of use) and 1" rear seat risers (the seat is a bit too reclined for my personal preference).

Chances are you'll also want some marine grade lube for the drive shaft and shear pin. Here's his suggested 1-and-done drive system maintenance routine:

parkie:

--- Quote from: LawyerBob on November 14, 2021, 12:25:36 PM ---BTW, here are Navarre Kayak's top three suggested mods:

+ Rudder Bolt (firms up the rudder and allows for adjustments as the line can stretch over use);
+ Steering Knob Upgrade (supposedly makes it less likely to catch on your pdf/gear);
+ Floating Propeller Nut (tool-less on/off in case it gets wrapped in line).

I also picked up his Salty PDL drive spacers (some L/R slop can develop after a lot of use) and 1" rear seat risers (the seat is a bit too reclined for my personal preference).

Chances are you'll also want some marine grade lube for the drive shaft and shear pin. Here's his suggested 1-and-done drive system maintenance routine:

--- End quote ---

thanks! ive been watching his videos. Instead of buying his stuff i went to home depot got a 4inch 1/4 stainless steel hexbolt, 4 pack of nylon washers, 3 pack of nylon no slip nut for about 5 bucks and just installed it.

i also have a 3d printer and found the prop nut and spacers as a free design. i'll let you know if they turn out good or not. didnt know about the shear pin, i'll be doing that!

Matt M:

--- Quote from: parkie on November 14, 2021, 03:17:21 PM ---
i also have a 3d printer and found the prop nut and spacers as a free design. i'll let you know if they turn out good or not. didnt know about the shear pin, i'll be doing that!

--- End quote ---

Where'd you find the spacers? I've printed a handful of the prop nuts and like the design.

parkie:

--- Quote from: Matt M on November 15, 2021, 11:16:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: parkie on November 14, 2021, 03:17:21 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Where'd you find the spacers? I've printed a handful of the prop nuts and like the design.

--- End quote ---

I havnt found spacer designs, however I will be testing out my own creation soon since it seems like its just a cylinder. I'll send you the STL when i complete it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version