Forum > Oregon Kayak Fishing

Open Invite - Hagg Lake (1/14/2022)

(1/3) > >>

LawyerBob:
Weather willing, SD20R and I are thinking about doing some trolling for trout at Hagg Lake this coming Friday, January 14. Specific launch time and location TBD as we get closer, but we may start near the dam.

If anyone else wants to join, we'd be happy to have you. Otherwise, feel free to share any tips. It hasn't been stocked in a while, but we're planning to target holdovers (aka just get out on the water).  ;)

Pinstriper:
Tried banking it last weekend near the dam. Lot of fish rising and rolling, way out of reach. We had no action off the bank, but I gotta believe long line trolling a Kastmaster or similar near the surface would see some action.

2 rod endorsement, put one out with a wiggle hoochie and corn, the other with a kastmaster or spoon, see what grabs.

LawyerBob:

--- Quote from: Pinstriper on January 08, 2022, 08:47:32 AM ---
--- End quote ---

Thanks. I'm looking forward to messing around down there without the constant wake from powerboats. Gets real popular out there when it heats up.

We're looking at a 9:30 AM launch at Boat Ramp A (aka Eagle Point). Should be a nice day on the water. To anyone interested:

Here's a general map: https://www.co.washington.or.us/Support_Services/Facilities/Parks/Hagglake/upload/HaggLakemap-3_2020.pdf

Here's a nifty hydrographic map: http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts.com/i-boating-fishing-web-app/fishing-marine-charts-navigation.html?title=Henry+Hagg+Lake+boating+app#14/45.4783/-123.2136

Pinstriper:
If you don't mind a long and steep ramp, consider "Dam overlook" aka boat ramp B up by the dam. It was never open to the public after construction, but it is paved all the way down and puts you right near the dam.

LawyerBob:

--- Quote from: Pinstriper on January 10, 2022, 06:45:38 PM ---
--- End quote ---

Good to know--I'll have to check that out while I'm there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version