Forum > Introduce Yourself

New ish to the forum

<< < (2/3) > >>

jed:
Welcome Nick, we may have met.

Drifter2007:
Welcome to the board Nick! I haven't fully dumped myself in the surf....yet! Been close once or twice.

just this last weekend I got a good reminder to secure my stuff. I was crabbing in Yaquina Bay. My 1st time kayak crabbing. I positioned the rods to pull the pot, got it up and in the boat. Decided to change its location slightly to better facilitate paddling and when I lifted the pot it lifted a rod out of the holder and bloop there it went. For a couple seconds I watched it slowly sink as I tried to scramble for a way to retrieve it. No luck. Fortunately it was a cheap rod.

MonkeyFist:
Welcome to the forum Nick.
My apologies for hijacking your post.

I’ll admit to making the sad face while watching some piece of gear disappear into the blue.
How was the crabbing?
I’m considering Friday and Saturday.

Drifter2007:
Well, I only dropped one pot for less than 3 hours. Got 2 nice keeper Dungeness and a couple big red rocks that managed to crawl out once onboard the kayak, which didn't hurt my feelings too much. I launched off the beach at the Marine Science center. I was maybe 70 or 80 yards North of the line of NOAA boats, or whatever they are. So it wasn't terrible. The crabs are hard, full and tasty this time of year.

Nick W:
Thanks everyone!

--- Quote from: jed on January 20, 2022, 09:22:28 AM ---Welcome Nick, we may have met.

--- End quote ---

A few times now! I signed up for AOTY yesterday and am excited to participate. Seems like a really fun format.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version