Forum > Oregon Kayak Fishing

Lower CoosBay Jan25-27

(1/2) > >>

rogerdodger:
Pepper and I are going to be on the Outback roaming lower CoosBay this week, starting Tuesday with Wed and Thur planned also.

Wind looks light and these are my favorite tides for fishing the submerged jetty.

Planning to crab and hunt for big winter lingcod (to get humiliated by).  ;D

Always enjoy meeting up with other kayakers out there, PM me for more info on our float plan or ping me on the radio if you see us out there.  cheers, roger

rogerdodger:
if this sounds familiar, see Clayman's report from the Yaquina, lower Coos Bay was nada, no rockfish, no baitfish, I worked my ass off to get 9 winter crabs, and no lingcod, just a couple of promising bites. It's hard to be disappointed with 9 crab but dang, any sort of keeper ling would have made my day.  ;D

it was calm...

and Pepper had her game face on, laying diagonal across the rear deck because she's a boss.  lol

some just legal, also a couple the commercial guys missed.  8)

Doug:
I made it out one Half Moon Bay Saturday for my first ever crabbing trip on my new boat and also worked my tail off for 9 keepers.  The wind made it interesting, but what an experience.

rogerdodger:

--- Quote from: Doug on January 26, 2022, 06:55:34 AM ---I made it out one Half Moon Bay Saturday for my first ever crabbing trip on my new boat and also worked my tail off for 9 keepers.  The wind made it interesting, but what an experience.

--- End quote ---

excellent, where you down in the single digit bouy area (4 to 7)?

skayaker2:
Roger,
Good on you, winter crabs are always a treat! I use the same or very similar cooler (down to the same color, see attached) while crabbing since it fits perfectly in the well of my NuCanoe 12 I crab from. Out of curiosity, what is the square plate screwed into the size of your cooler? I highlighted it with a red oval. Some kind of removable plate to use if as a live well? Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version