Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:06:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[March 27, 2024, 12:49:04 PM]

[March 27, 2024, 07:37:59 AM]

[March 26, 2024, 09:10:45 PM]

[March 25, 2024, 05:15:36 PM]

by Spot
[March 25, 2024, 02:39:54 PM]

by PNW
[March 24, 2024, 07:14:07 PM]

[March 23, 2024, 10:59:04 PM]

[March 21, 2024, 06:23:10 AM]

[March 17, 2024, 06:42:23 PM]

[March 17, 2024, 08:44:53 AM]

[March 15, 2024, 06:45:09 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 05:55:18 PM]

[March 10, 2024, 11:20:08 AM]

[February 29, 2024, 07:05:43 AM]

[February 26, 2024, 01:31:23 PM]

Picture Of The Month

SD2OR with a trophy fall walleye

Topic: AOTD 2022  (Read 5310 times)

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Regulation update from ODFW.
https://myodfw.com/recreation-report/fishing-report/southwest-zone?fbclid=IwAR1PdMEUKzbE-WxPwn1Nrms8OSZTwNHOIEuUG9u2aObZZt4VGV6CycbeDgo
"The daily general marine fish bag limit is 5 fish for the 2022 season with a 1-fish sub-bag limit for China and copper rockfish combined, and 1-fish sub-bag limit for Cabezon."
Yelloweye & Quillback rockfish are prohibited.
https://myodfw.com/fishing/marine-zone

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
C_Run has generously donated a cord of firewood to this year's Sunset Bay AOTD.  David H. picked up about 1/3 of the wood today. It would be a big help if a member could coordinate with Chris or me to pick up another truck or trailer load of the wood in Bandon & deliver it to the group camp on the Wednesday or Thursday before the event. I'll be setting up camp in Bastendorff County Park group camp area, site 83 on Wednesday about 4 pm, then meet with some folks in Coos Bay by 6. PM me or C_Run if you can help. Thanks
- Paul

Drifter2007

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2017
Best of luck to all of my friends down at the SBAOTD!
I hope the forecast just got it wrong and the ocean is beautiful, the fish are big and aggressive and everyone has a fun. Stay safe!
1991 Desert Storm (USMC)
2004-2005 OIF (US ARMY)
2006-2007 OEF (US ARMY)
2009-2010 OIF II (US Army)
2016 Retired!

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
Evan Mertz came in 1st (again). BTW, that's a 23.5" Copper rockfish & a record: the most points anyone has ever scored in this tournament. (905.5 pts.)

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
I got to participate in this years Sunset Bay Angler of the Day.  Although the conditions were a little challenging, we were able to get out and get some good fishing in.  I caught a lot of nice fish, but is wasn’t quite enough to beat Evan Merz.  Thanks you to all the generous donors, including Waxers for a gift certificate, McKay Shrimp and Crab Gear for kayak sized crab trap, Englunds Marine for a cooler, Next Adventure for a kayak PFD and Evan Merz for making the fish bonker trophies.  It is a great event and was a fun time fishing with friends. I’ll be back next year.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
Congrats on your 2nd place win!
I got to participate in this years Sunset Bay Angler of the Day.  Although the conditions were a little challenging, we were able to get out and get some good fishing in.  I caught a lot of nice fish, but is wasn’t quite enough to beat Evan Merz.  Thanks you to all the generous donors, including Waxers for a gift certificate, McKay Shrimp and Crab Gear for kayak sized crab trap, Englunds Marine for a cooler, Next Adventure for a kayak PFD and Evan Merz for making the fish bonker trophies.  It is a great event and was a fun time fishing with friends. I’ll be back next year.

C_Run

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Apr 2011
Likewise, congratulations to all the winners and participants. This was my fifth time and third time getting skunked. When I heard the wind and surf forecast I actually tried to talk the wife out of going but she prevailed and we started late and only fished two hours before the wind blew us off the water. The highlight was the potluck for us. I'd encourage you all to sign up next year. It's a fun and well-run event.

Matt M

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Mar 2016
It was definitely a gnarly day out there with the wind, and the interval of the swells made it a bit sloppy but was able to find a few fish anyhow to contribute to the potluck and have a nice fish taco dinner at home as well. As always a big thank you goes out to the organizers of the event, I realize how big of an effort it is to organize it all every year.
-Matt

Old Town Sportsman 120 PDL

Captain Redbeard

• Lauren
  • Global Moderator
  • Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2013
Can someone post the results? I caught my position at the awards but it would be fun to see the whole list. Thanks in advance.

Nobaddays

• Lingcod
  • Date Registered: Jul 2014
I had some questions about the tournament of champions.  That was a side category for anyone who has placed in the top three over the history of the tournament and it was the best greenling/surf perch combination.
Being retired, they pay me when I go fishing, therefore I am kind of a professional fisherman.

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
It was great to hang out with y'all! I didn't catch many fish either, but I got to watch the 1st & 2nd place winners catch their fish.  ;D
Big thank you to all our sponsors!

PNW

• Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page

hdpwipmonkey

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Nov 2014
Ray
2020 Hobie Outback "Chum Chicken"
2018 Native Titan 10.5 "Battle Barge"
Wilderness Tarpon 100

www.facebook.com/HOWNOC