Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:15:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 08:40:31 AM]

[April 28, 2024, 07:00:22 PM]

by Spot
[April 28, 2024, 01:57:51 PM]

[April 27, 2024, 06:01:15 PM]

[April 24, 2024, 07:17:06 PM]

[April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM]

[April 21, 2024, 08:33:45 PM]

by PNW
[April 19, 2024, 07:22:33 PM]

[April 18, 2024, 07:25:36 PM]

by jed
[April 18, 2024, 01:45:57 PM]

by jed
[April 17, 2024, 04:56:16 PM]

[April 17, 2024, 09:43:36 AM]

[April 17, 2024, 08:01:37 AM]

[April 16, 2024, 10:04:37 AM]

[April 15, 2024, 02:48:20 PM]

Picture Of The Month

Swede P's first AOTY fish is a bruiser!

Topic: Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 donations  (Read 2613 times)

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Please welcome Core Tackle as a new sponsor this year to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout.

This company is credited for introducing the tackle market to the Hover Rig. I think this rig will work very well at Brownlee for Crappie and Bass when they are suspended or you want to slow your presentation down.

Innovations in gear can really make a big difference in triggering strikes and putting fish in the kayak. I cannot wait to try this technique in the pursuit of giant crappie.

Excellent addition.

Matt has a great Youtube channel and Jonny's is good, if anyone wants to check them out.

snopro

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Please welcome Core Tackle as a new sponsor this year to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout.
Excellent addition.

Matt has a great Youtube channel and Jonny's is good, if anyone wants to check them out.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
  • With a But like mine, you'd want to flaunt it too.
  • Date Registered: May 2014
Very happy to have Calcutta Outdoors on the prize donor list for the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 this year.

Calcutta produces a large line of fishing and outdoor gear that includes apparel, tackle, camping accessories, and much more.

The donation is for a Pack Fish Cooler/Kill bag in Mossy Oak Coastal Cloudbank.

Features:
Easy pull taped sealed zippers and secure clips keeps everything compact and in-place.
Welded waterproof inner liner keeps ice and water all on the inside.
Thick insulated no sweat design keeps fish fresh.
Strong woven nylon shoulder strap and carrying handles for convenient transport.
Dimensions:
40" x 16"

This is a great cooler for the kayak to keep your catch cool and in the highest quality to take home. The size is perfect for most kayak rear storage areas and will not take up too much space when not in use.

Calcutta Outdoors cooler/kill bags can be found in many local sporting goods shops or online at their shop at https://www.calcuttaoutdoors.com/

I found a pile of them at Bi-Mart!

Thank you for the cool prize donation Calcutta Outdoors!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 09:47:24 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Big Prize Alert

Smokehouse Products will again be joining the Brownlee Crappie Shootout as a prize donor.

Even with all of the new high tech smokers on the market, the original Smokehouse Chief series of smokers are very popular for their ease of use, durable design, and great price point.

I have a couple of these very smokers that I have been using for years with no problems. Love their products!

Up for grabs is a sweet Big Chief Front Load Electric Smoker.

The Big Chief Front Load Electric Smoker is our most popular model. Here's a quick list of features and specs on the smoker:

The Big Chief Front Load Smoker includes... Smoker, of course, with 5 Easy-slide Chrome plated grills, electric cord, drip pan, and wood flavor pan,
Free bag of Smokehouse Alder Wood Chips, and
Free Recipe Booklet and complete operating instructions.

Smoker Size: 24-1/2" H x 18" W x 12" D

Capacity: Smokes up to 50 pounds of meat or fish.

Ventilation: Engineered for premium smoke ventilation for premium smoke circulation and proper dehydration.

Safety: Smoker comes with UL and CUL certifications.

Consistent low temperature setting using a 120V, 450W heating element for approximately 165 F.

Easy to use... plugs into standard household outlet and has easy to use wood chip flavor pan.

Construction: Durable, embossed aluminum construction that is also lightweight, easy to transport and easy to store.

2 Year Warranty: Guaranteed to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 2 years.

Being located very locally in Hood River, Oregon, you can find Smokehouse Products at many local shops and online at https://www.smokehouseproducts.com/

Thank you Smokehouse Products for the great donation.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 12:43:05 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Lunkerhunt sent the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 a box full of goodies.

Lunkerhunt is known for making unorthodox baits that are fun to use and are actually very effective at catching fish. They offer hard, soft, and hollow body baits as well as storage packs to take along all of your tackle.

They have quite an assortment of smaller crappie baits available and have started producing soft baits utilizing
Ultra Durable Soft Plastic for super durable lures that can withstand many bites and fights. These lures are perfect for Brownlee and it's swarms of smallies.

The donation consists of an assortment of their smaller offerings to match the event. I think they look awesome and I'm sure they will work well.

Find the full Lunkerhunt lineup online at https://lunkerhunt.com/ or check your local shops for some of their fun baits.

Thank you for the support Lunkerhunt.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
We are stoked to have Boomerang Tool Company back on the prize table of the Brownlee Crappie Shootout.

Boomerang makes Line Cutters, tethers, and other handy tools that will make your life a little easier. I have been using their Long Snips for years now. I think the one I currently have on my PFD has been on there for at least 4 years. This has been in fresh and salt water and it is still going strong. I am hard on gear so I am very impressed with the quality of the Boomerang products.

The donation is for 12 of their original SNIP Line Cutters.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS
36" retractable military grade type-II braided nylon fiber cord
Integrated safety feature locks the blade close when not in use
Cuts 50 lb. braided line, fluoro line and mono lines clean and smooth every time
420 Stainless steel cutters are corrosion resistant
Easily attaches anywhere with the included carabiner
1-Year Limited Warranty. Lifetime Service Policy does not apply.

Find all of their gear online at https://www.boomerangtool.com/ or at many local shops. I found their SNIPS locally at Bi-Mart.

We appreciate the great donation Lincoln. Thank you.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
TOP Prize Alert

Ignik is a fantastic company based in Washington that makes high quality camping gear with a focus towards innovation and sustainability.

I especially like their line of gas campfire products. These can usually be used while camping even when there is a burn ban in effect. They are self contained, portable, and best of all smokeless. Pair with a refillable Fuel Growler to extend burn time and reduce on landfill waste.

The donation is for one of their Firecan Fire Pit units

Dimensions

12 x 6 x 7.5 in | 30.4 x 15.2 x 19 cm

Weight

11 lbs. 3.2 oz.

Hose Compatibilty

Inlet, QCC 1 | Outlet Quick Connect

Burn Time (Max Flame)

144 minutes

Fuel Type

Propane

Heat Output

38,000 BTU

After last years BCS8 tournament, I know some participants went out and purchased Firecans for their own adventures. This was pretty neat to see and I am stoked that the BCS can be a part of spreading the word of some great products.

Find innovative gear for your next camping trip at  https://ignik.com/ and at local sporting goods shops.

Thank you Nichole for the awesome local support.

PNW

• Teutrowenia pellucida (Googly-eyed glass squid)
  • Sturgeon
  • Paul
  • My Facebook page
  • Date Registered: Sep 2008
Wow! Nice!
Thanks Paul, you are gathering quite a pile of gear yourself!
Thanks Jed. With a little help from friends (including you).

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Fish Grips are just about the most useful tool that you can have on your kayak. And the Original Fish Grip is supporting the Brownlee Crappie Shootout again this year.

The Original Fish Grips are made in the USA and will withstand some abuse. They are light weight and made of sturdy material that will not rust in salt water and will continue to be used long after you have lost it and it's new owner picks it up from the water.

A big lingcod thrashing at the side of your kayak, no problem. Hanging a big flathead cat to the side of your boat while you get your camera out, no problem. Using it as an anchor in current for a quick release option, no problem. I even hear of a guy using to try and grab an oversize dino. Well, little bit of a problem there but not the Fish Grips fault.

The donation consists of a school of colorful Fish Grips in a couple sizes that are ready to be put to work.

Check out the evolution of the product here https://thefishgrip.net/ and pick one up at local sporting goods shops.

We appreciate the support Tucker, thank you!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 11:04:44 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Work Sharp has been a long time supporter of the Brownlee Crappie Shootout and this year is no exception.

This locally based company make some of the best knife and tool sharpeners around. Everyone I talk to that has a Work Sharp really loves how easy they are to use and the edge they can achieve on their knives with very little effort. I use mine for just about everything.

These tools were made for quick sharpening with the best results. This really comes in handy when you are working through a pile of crappie and need to constantly pause to sharpen your knives.

Accidents happen when you are using a dull knife and are really forcing the cuts rather than having your knife gliding along with a sharp blade.

They sent a Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Mk2

Work Sharp® Mk.2 Knife & Tool Sharpener
20° & 25° Sharpening Guide
65° Scissor Guide
(2) P80 Coarse Abrasive Belts
(2) P220 Medium Abrasive Belts
(2) 6000 Fine Abrasive Belts
User’s Guide and Quick Start Guide

as well as a manual Guided Field Sharpener

The Guided Field Sharpener also sharpens serrations and fish hooks and the removeable diamond plates reveal a storage cavity and broadhead wrench inside.

– 220 Coarse & 600 Fine diamond plates
– 3-position ceramic rod including fish hook groove
– Leather strop
– Provide angles: 20° and 25°
– Small ceramic for serrations
– Lanyard hole

Learn more about their products at https://www.worksharptools.com/ and purchase these handy sharpeners at most local sporting goods stores. Bi-Mart has a steady supply of them.

Thank you Sasha for the great prize pack.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 08:05:02 AM by jed »

Zach.Dennis

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Aug 2015
I love my worksharp knife sharpener.  Hope to mkae it out this year to the tournament.  You are doing great with the sponsor list.... as always.
2021 1st Place ORC
2023 1st Place ORC

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
PETZL has sent a couple great prizes to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout this year.

This is a great company that produces safety gear for work and play. The Sport line covers lighting, rock climbing equipment, and all the safety gear that goes along with it while the professional side focuses on safety gear for those that work overhead.

They have sponsored athletes that compete in many climbing events that I have trouble watching due to their intense heights. I am always amazed when watching these videos and seeing pictures on their site.

The donation this year is for 3 PETZL ARIA 1 RGB 350 Lumen Headlamps.

Find the specs on these awesome headlamps here  https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Sport/Headlamps/ARIA-1-RGB

PETZL products may be found online at https://www.petzl.com/US/en or at select sporting goods stores.

Thank you for the support Dave, much appreciated.

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Please welcome back Klean Kanteen to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout prize table.

Klean Kanteen is really taking off and I am finding their products at more and more stores locally. The reason is that they are concentrating their efforts on making high quality water bottles, thermoses, cups, and tumblers.

This is a family and employee-owned company that takes pride in their products, the work they do for local communities, and the environment. This care transfers to all facets of their company and I can attest to only having very positive interactions with their staff while working with their representatives. There is a difference when a company is employee owned.

The Klean Kanteen donation is for a box full of their best selling and most popular bottles in various colors and lids.

Included are samples of their Tumblers, TK Wide Bottles, and Stainless Kanteens.

Find all of their products at https://www.kleankanteen.com/ or at a growing number of local stores.

Thank you so much for the great donation Carloeigh!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 11:11:05 AM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Awesome safety prize!

Please welcome Guardian Angel Devices to the Brownlee Crappie Shootout prize donor list.

Safety is paramount while kayak fishing and being seen on the water is one our biggest concerns. Whether you are in low light conditions or in a crowded lineup with a bunch or boaters, you have to be sure you are visible. In the unfortunate event that you find yourself treading water in an emergency situation, you will really, really want to have a device that will allow SAR to find you.

Mitigating potential disasters is something that we all can prepare for and Guardian Angel products is a great way to start.

Guardian Angel makes some seriously awesome safety lights that can be used both on your kayak and on your person as well. If I were to be in an emergency, I would want to be lit up light a Christmas tree.

They make lights used by professionals like law enforcement, firefighters, mining, and many other jobs that require safety equipment in hazardous environments. They also offer a huge amount of lights for many different recreational uses including kayaking, boating, hiking, and a host of other activities that may be found on their site at https://www.guardianangeldevices.com/

The donation is for one of their Guardian Angel Kayak Light Kits. This thing is super cool and you can read all about this unit and see it in action here https://www.guardianangeldevices.com/p/wireless-kayak-led-light-kit/

Thank you for the fantastic safety donation Dan!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 12:28:58 PM by jed »

jed

• ORC_Safety
  • Salmon
Super stoked to have Immersion Research joining the Brownlee Crappie Shootout again this year.

This company makes everything you will need for white water kayaking and as well as kayak fishing apparel. Their roots are in the clothing industry and over time they have improved and expanded their line of gear. Stemming from the white water kayaking background their gear is guaranteed to be tough enough to handle anything nature has to throw at you while kayak fishing.

Though started in Pennsylvania, Immersion Research has strong ties to the PNW and has their manufacturing facility in Hood River, Oregon. Lucky for us because in addition to making their products here, they also have a full repair shop there and will work on most other brands.

They even offer dry suit rentals. Before I bought my first dry suit, I did rent a couple to use and see what exactly I wanted in a suit. This is a great way to try before you buy. I know some anglers are opting for dry pants and tops for cold weather fishing in freshwater and Immersion carries both!

https://immersionresearch.com/

Immersion Research is a solid choice for finding base layers and locally manufactured dry suits. How awesome would it be to actually be able to walk in to the shop that made your suit and have them repair it like new. Hood River is not terribly far from anywhere in the PNW. You could even stop on on the way to the Shootout.

The BCS donation includes:

1 Zephyr Jacket L

2 IR logo T-Shirts

1 IR Sun Shirt Pink XL

and some cool stickers.

*******FUN GIVEAWAY****** BCS and Winter Walleye Social*******************

Immersion Research also sent an Eclipse Gray Balaclava Union Suit Base Layer XL

This item is to be given away to anglers that attend BOTH the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 and the Winter Walleye Social in November.

Angler that sign up and fish the BCS and show up for the Social will be eligible for the giveaway. You must be in the Irrigon parking lot by 8am on the morning of the social to qualify. Jim Davis will take a head count and randomly choose a winner at that time. Just enough time to put that sucker on because it is cold that time of year!

Thank you for the support Max!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 11:42:49 AM by jed »

anything