Forum > Events

Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9 donations

<< < (9/10) > >>

jed:
Kokabow Fishing Tackle is a leading manufacturer of kokanee and trout fishing gear and we are stoked to have their products at the Brownlee Crappie Shootout 9.

This company is based in Meridian, Idaho and specializes in kokanee flashers and lures but can also be used to attract many other species including trout, crappie, perch, bass, and all types of salmon.

Owner/Creator Alan Greenhalgh has been fishing for many years decided to start Kokabow Tackle in 2012. The popularity of his gear is steadily growing due to his attention to detail and quality components. He is constantly coming up with new styles and combinations to help anglers fill their limits.

"Kokabow Tackle does not use plastic beads in the manufacturing of our spinners and trolls. Hand blown glass beads with a reflective coating are used to ensure transferring of light, durability and color vibrancy to the spinners and trolls."

Check them out online at https://kokabowtackle.com/

The donation is for 6 of Kokabows most productive Tail Feather blades along with 18 matching spinners in 3 styles. Beads, Bugs, and Squids.

If any of you have any questions about Kokatat gear or how to target Kokanee in general you are in luck. Mark Patrick is a Kokabow Pro Staffer that has won multiple Kokanee fishing tournament using Kokabow gear and he will be attending the Brownlee Crappie Shootout.

Thank you to Alan and Mark for securing this great local donation.

SD2OR:
The squid spinners have caught me quite a few kokes and trout, I really like their products!

jed:

--- Quote from: SD2OR on April 30, 2024, 11:21:53 AM ---The squid spinners have caught me quite a few kokes and trout, I really like their products!

--- End quote ---
Glad you have had success with them Cameron. They are huge in Idaho and I think they are catching on elsewhere.

jed:
Lancer Jigs has been supporting the kayak fishing community ever since they found out there were anglers crazy enough to chase fish in the ocean. They are long time sponsors of many of the PNW kayak tournaments and we are proud to have them back with the Brownlee Crappie Shootout this year.

Lancer Jigs are my favorite way to target  lingcod and cabezon in the ocean. These soft plastic lures have an action that fish cannot resist and come in two tone color patterns that create contrast to go along with movement. Everyone has a favorite color pattern and mine has been the "Copper" Waterdog from the start but all of their colors work well.

I hope to take their smaller 1 oz jigs out to try and catch some flounder with later this year. Many anglers will jig Lancers vertically with great success but if I recall correctly, these lures were made for cast and retrieving. I will also troll them from spot to spot as a search lure and pick up many fish that are out hunting away from the main reef structure.

For boat anglers that want to target halibut and other species in the deep, Lancer offer some of their jigs in larger sizes up to 33oz. In addition to their standard jigs, they offer Steelhead Jigs and soft beads for the river anglers. The jigs heads will out last the plastic tails so be sure to order some replacement worms too at https://lancerjigs.com/

Terry and Tony will be sending a couple hats and gift certificates for some lucky anglers to win.

Thank you to the whole Lancer family for the continuing support!

jed:
Columbia River Knife and Tool send the Brownlee Crappie Shootout a couple of sweet little prizes.

CRKT is based in Tualatin, Oregon and makes knives and tools for every occasion from everyday carry to specialty situations. The knife world is crowded with companies and makers and CRKT has been a top producer of find knives for over 30 years.

"There’s nothing like a purpose-built knife. The way it feels. The self-sufficiency it gives you. The confidence it inspires. The right tool is everything, which is exactly why we’re here"

Their success comes from working with great designers and employing skilled craftsmen to produce quality products. They try to constantly improve upon solid designs so see how far they can take current technology in the industry.

See what they have to offer at https://www.crkt.com/

Thank you CRKT for the sharp donation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version