Forum > Events

USAngling Introduces New USA Kayak Saltwater Fishing Team

(1/7) > >>

polepole:
Exciting times!  You may recognize a few names involved here ...

--- Quote ---USA, April 4, 2024
USAngling is proud to announce an exciting new sports team, Saltwater Kayak Fishing, to the USAngling program. USAngling has set up an USA Kayak Fishing Saltwater committee to select America’s best saltwater kayak fishing teams. These teams will represent the USA at the upcoming Costa Rica Pan American Championship in June and the World Championship in Spain this October. These are sanctioned events that will assist in the global effort to gain recognition for sport fishing by the International Olympic committee.

The committee currently consists of: Craig Storms – President, David Elgas – Vice President, Allen Sansano – Secretary, Annie Nagel – Communications Director, Adam Fisk – Team Coach, Robert Field – Gulf Coast Director and Joe Hector – Atlantic SE Director. This committee is establishing a program to build regional qualifiers, national championships, Pan Am events and a path for American athletes to compete in future Saltwater Kayak Fishing World Championships.

--- End quote ---

Full press release here, https://conta.cc/3VOEbHd

-Allen

Spot:
That's a bad ass alternative to the ditch pickle circuit!

-Mark-

INSAYN:
I recognize most of these names, but never heard of this Allen guy.  How did he ever make the list?

You would think he would have at least been a household name in the kayak world, no?   ;D

Congrats, my man!

polepole:

--- Quote from: INSAYN on April 04, 2024, 11:08:14 PM ---I recognize most of these names, but never heard of this Allen guy.  How did he ever make the list?

--- End quote ---

He was brought in for his looks I'm sure.

-Allen

polepole:
Things happen for a reason.

In October, David Elgas (Boogie-D) and I and a few others were in La Paz, Mexico.  We met a local kayak angler there name Jonatan.  We were supposed to be out to sea for the whole week, but shit happens and we had to pivot to a hotel based week.  This allowed us to spend more time with Jonatan.  Jonatan is on the Mexican Team.  He asked us why the USA didn't have a team at the upcoming PanAm championship.  We had no clue.  He made a call and introduced us to the Mexican heads, and they introduced us to USAngling.  USAngling asked us to figure this out.  We made a few phone calls and pulled the rest of the team in, and here we are, moving at the speed of light.

-Allen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version