Forum > Waving the Bug Wand

Welcome to the Kayak Fly Fishing section.

<< < (2/3) > >>

[WR]:
try making an el cheapo "shooting basket" out of a shallow 9 X 13 plastic storage tub [dimension approximate], a ton of zip ties, ( ok, i got carried away ::) )and a bungee cord that goes around your waist easily w/o causing you troubles..

you can just drill a few holes in one side of the container and then connect the bungee to one side, then run it around you to the other and leave the interior of the container plain jane ,

or you can add zip ties to the interior  to cushion the line;

drill or poke several rows of holes into the bottom of the tub, then thread cable ties in one hole, out the bottom, in thru the bottom at the next hole, then tie the tie together, leaving the excess alone... that creates a cushion for the line..

and i'm not taking credit for this one, i learned it either here or someplace online, and am just passing it on..

holtfisher:
shooting basket, yes that would work. I have one from my beach flinging, and had not thought of it for kayak fishing,  thank you!

ZeeHawk:
You mean like this WR? http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/index.php/topic,738.0.html

Z

[WR]:
yeh, that be it. can't make it any simpler, either.. oh i mean ya could, like the time i used a cardboard box tied into my belt on Penns Creek, but those dont last as long... :spittake:

TomB helped us out in that thread with his version too. 

probably should'a had one of these and my fly rod this morning on Rapjon, i mighta caught more than 3 12 inch smallies..

jerryd:
Fairly new at this so I hope I post this right. I'm to kayak fly fishing. usually beach fish for src. I'm asking for input on where some good places would be to put in m kayak to fish for src and salmon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version