Forum > Introduce Yourself

The Murf

(1/2) > >>

The Murf:
The Murf here:
I am recently divorced from the U.S. Navy, Still living up on Whidbey Island.  I have a wife and two young ones at home and currently work for Boeing in Tukwila. I got the "MURF" moniker from my Navy buddies because of Murphy's Law stating "If it can happen it will happen to the MURF."  I am brand new to Kayak Fishing but have been bank fishing for quite a while.  I already love the fact I am no longer tethered to the beach!  After researching this site and many others I decided against popular opinion to purchase a Hobie Pro Angler.  So far I couldn't be happier with the craft and am constantly on the look out to modify it and put it in the water.  My next big project for the yak is to add an anchor trolley, which is harder to decide on then I thought it might be(what and how to fabricate).  I appreciate all the help the members have been and look forward to fishing with you all in the future.  Cant make ORC this year but am already planning on making it next year.  Here's to great suds and salmon!!!!

polepole:
Thank you for your service in the Navy.

Little known fact, but I was once employed by Boeing ...

-Allen

rimfirematt:
A Navy Vet! I was stationed in Bremerton aboard the USS Sacramento 1997-2000. I left as a BM3.

DeaFish:
Welcome Murf.
What was your rate?
Glad to here of more navy here.
USS Texas CGN-39 Bremerton in 84, wandering for a bit, finished BM2 in 88 in Alemeda.

demonick:
It takes big ones and dedication to endure a Whidbey to Tukwila commute.  Welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version