Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 02:47:34 PM]

[Today at 02:46:19 PM]

[Today at 01:49:12 PM]

[Today at 11:59:33 AM]

[Today at 11:42:05 AM]

[Today at 11:40:13 AM]

by Spot
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 02:01:22 PM]

[May 28, 2024, 01:59:41 PM]

[May 28, 2024, 12:18:48 PM]

[May 28, 2024, 07:37:19 AM]

[May 28, 2024, 06:19:06 AM]

[May 27, 2024, 09:56:01 PM]

by PNW
[May 27, 2024, 03:12:21 PM]

[May 27, 2024, 07:56:46 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: Seats  (Read 3267 times)

mcdc1369

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
 :-\ 
Which seat is better?
The Surf to Summit GTS Elite or the Surf to summit GTS air wave?
I'm looking to buy a new seat for my ok prowler.
I want high back support and good butt cushioning also.
Any recommendations???

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Date Registered: May 2008
I haven't tried either of them, but in the interim I have discovered at least a temporary fix to butt cushioning.  I use one of those foam stadium seat cushions I bought at a Mariners game.  It actually helps out quite a bit  with the factory seat on my Prowler.  If the seat cushion slips around too much, just glue a tool chest liner to both sides or just put a matrix of Lexel on both sides and hang it to dry before putting it to use. 

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
emailed STS not long ago with mostly the same question... am looking for loads way more back support. basically they told me, either is good but they each have their merits, depending on the person. for my particular problem, they recommended the elite.

Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

Fishin-T

• Lingcod
  • It's called a "Slow Loris"
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
WR,

I have that elite myself and I like it a lot.  I do like YJ, except I use a thermarest butt pad instead of the foam.  The foam is probably more durable.  The T-rest is adjustable as to how much air and I usually find it more comfy when I let it deflate quite a bit.  For non slippy stuff you can get the kitchen shelf rubber in any grocery store for as cheap as it gets.  I think that's the same stuff that YJ is referring to.  I think it's called kitchen drawer liner or something like that.

Fishin-T
If at first you don't succeed....  maybe skydiving is just not for you.

boxofrain

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: May 2006
Yup,
That's what I put on my factory cloth seat bottom. Stopped that ass slipping motion right now.
the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime.

Yarjammer

• Salmon
  • Captain of the Titanic
  • Date Registered: May 2008
You got it... same stuff. 

I didn't know that they made small Therm-a-rest butt pads; I may have to check one of those out.  I also thought about using a Type V floating seat cushion, but they are a little too thick in my opinion.

Alkasazi

• Lingcod
  • Alkasazi
  • Date Registered: Oct 2007
out of those two, I prefer the Elite. The Air Wave seats are nice (my son has one on his boat), but I don't like things that can be punctured and leak.

Another good one to check out is their GTS Pro seat. I picked one up last summer & love it. Good back support, and 2" of foam under my butt. By far the most comfortable seat I've used.

Brian

[WR]

• Sturgeon
  • VFW, Life Member at Large, since 1997.
  • ADTA.org
  • Date Registered: Jan 2008
well, mcdc asked our opinions, i'm hoping these help him decide and not confuse him. much as i seriously want that Elite myself, it's gotta wait on the list of things i want, behind all the things i need. ( brakes on the truck are priority right now). as someone said in another thread, i'm probly one of those who is only one or two missed paychecks from bankrupt.
Why so many odd typos ? You try typing on 6 mm virtual keys with 26 mm thumbs....

mcdc1369

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Nov 2007
Thanks for  the info. Your opinions did not confuse me. I just like to know that I'm getting a good product before I go spending $150.00