Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:11:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

by Plap
[Today at 08:48:08 AM]

[May 14, 2024, 08:15:34 AM]

by jed
[May 14, 2024, 07:03:59 AM]

[May 13, 2024, 08:07:15 PM]

[May 12, 2024, 01:20:18 PM]

[May 11, 2024, 08:58:38 AM]

[May 09, 2024, 08:48:33 AM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM]

by jed
[May 08, 2024, 06:33:27 AM]

[May 07, 2024, 09:39:21 PM]

[May 07, 2024, 01:53:02 PM]

[May 05, 2024, 10:15:00 PM]

[May 02, 2024, 04:57:43 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 04:21:36 PM]

[April 30, 2024, 12:53:59 PM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: South Sound Meetup  (Read 102635 times)

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/community/gateway/article201185684.html

And Blake's one of those nice fly guys, he'll talk to you even if you fish with a hardware store instead of bugs ;)
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”

30Clams

• Plankton
  • 2019 Hobie Outback
  • Date Registered: Sep 2018
You don't vote for a King!

kallitype

• Sturgeon
  • Vashon Island kayaker
  • Date Registered: Jun 2008
Terry Roth on that slug-infested rockpile, Vashon Island
Never underestimate the ability of our policymakers to fail to devise and implement intelligent policy

Rockbottom

• Perch
  • Date Registered: May 2018
Mark in T-Town.  Willing to fish the salt, still, and rivers.  Love this stuff.  Primarily like to give nearby viewers a chuckle watching me cast a fly rod, but like gear fishing too.
Bright green Hobie...say Hi if you see me...usually have an extra beer in my cooler....at least early...

workhardplayhard

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Nov 2018

workhardplayhard

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Nov 2018

Saltycutt

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Aug 2019
Looks like a slow thread, but I'm the newest south sounder. Tacoma

Rockbottom

• Perch
  • Date Registered: May 2018
Lot of us South Sounders are members...just gotta get organized one time to invade a beach.  Maybe we can reserve a BBQ pit someplace and push all the power boats out of the area with shear numbers.  Owens Beach at Pt Defiance has plenty of parking.
Is there one in MA 12?

Noob Noob

• Rockfish
  • Date Registered: Jun 2019
Lot of us South Sounders are members...just gotta get organized one time to invade a beach.  Maybe we can reserve a BBQ pit someplace and push all the power boats out of the area with shear numbers.  Owens Beach at Pt Defiance has plenty of parking.
Is there one in MA 12?

LOL - workhard just posted about how some of the guys that fish out there are horrible boaters with bad attitudes. They may think twice about messin with us if we head out as a big wolf pack though.  XD

Can't remember who it was workhard had replied to but he was also interested fishing Pt. Defiance. Now that MA10 is closed for Chinook until January, I want to start trying out new places to fish for them. Owens Beach looks like a really easy launch. In fact Google maps actually shows a big rack of kayaks near the parking lot.
"It's OK to eat fish because they don't have any feelings."  ~ Kurt Cobain

kayakingken

• Krill
  • Date Registered: Jul 2019
Is there one in MA 12?

LOL - workhard just posted about how some of the guys that fish out there are horrible boaters with bad attitudes. They may think twice about messin with us if we head out as a big wolf pack though.  XD

Can't remember who it was workhard had replied to but he was also interested fishing Pt. Defiance. Now that MA10 is closed for Chinook until January, I want to start trying out new places to fish for them. Owens Beach looks like a really easy launch. In fact Google maps actually shows a big rack of kayaks near the parking lot.

That was me, we were talking about Pt. Defiance. There is plenty of parking and it’s an easy launch for us. I usually bring my PB out and troll but the traffic has been heavy. What I usually do is link up with three or four large boats and troll in waves. Usually guys get out of the way if we are polite. Problem is some guys are trolling and others jigging, all on top of each other.

I haven’t ruled it out but safety is a large concern after what I have witnessed this season. The picnic area would be a good meetup spot. Don’t believe you need to reserve it, just get there a bit early. I have a house near Pt. Defiance and usually keep an eye on the traffic flow. If 4 or 5 of us got together and fished as a group it would be safe.

Let me know would love to coordinate something. Browns Pt is not a bad spot for a meetup, lighter boat traffic and a nice launch point for Pinks. Possibly Gig Harbor... I am brand new to the forum and kayak fishing.

Ken

Mellow Yellow

• Herring
  • 2011 Perception Pescador; 2017 Hobie Outback
  • Date Registered: Sep 2011
I'd be interested in a South Sound meetup.

I've been hitting Ft.Flagler this summer. Unfortunately, what I've landed has been small or had an extra fin. Maybe I'd have better luck going south.

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Is there one in MA 12?

Most boaters are extremely courteous.  Pt D is full of rental boats and a-hole tacominites.  There are also a ton of people (kayaks, paddleboards, and boats) that have not 1 clue of the rules of the road out there.

Newguy85

• Plankton
  • Date Registered: Sep 2019
Maybe try the KP. there are parks in and around gig harbor with much less traffic than what (I assume) youd get in tacoma. And it's only 20-30 min away.

Leon1980

• Herring
  • Date Registered: Jul 2020
Seems to have been pretty quiet here but figured I’d shout anyhow.
 Olympia here - and willing to take pointers on lakes For now. My current yak can’t handle the ocean. Want to upgrade when I can save a few grand though.

RoxnDox

• Salmon
  • Native Propel
  • Date Registered: Sep 2013
There are a couple of boat ramps at Lake St Clair down your way.  Trout, bass, panfish, and some cool, unique scenery. At least to a geologist. ;)
Junk Jigs "BEST USE OF ACTUAL JUNK" category - "That tape should have been a prized possession and not junk. That will be a collectors item in 30 years!” & “There sure is a lot of junk in there.”