Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

[Today at 07:37:19 AM]

[Today at 06:19:06 AM]

[May 27, 2024, 09:56:01 PM]

by PNW
[May 27, 2024, 03:12:21 PM]

[May 27, 2024, 07:56:46 AM]

[May 24, 2024, 10:50:02 AM]

[May 24, 2024, 06:36:26 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 07:06:28 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 06:37:37 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 06:35:15 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 06:33:32 AM]

[May 23, 2024, 06:29:12 AM]

[May 21, 2024, 04:51:49 PM]

[May 21, 2024, 01:07:12 PM]

[May 20, 2024, 11:40:28 AM]

Picture Of The Month

BigFishy with a big springer!

Topic: AOTY Signups  (Read 3606 times)

polepole

• Administrator
  • Sturgeon
  • NorthWest Kayak Anglers
  • Date Registered: Apr 2006
This is the time of year that I start soliciting prizes for AOTY.  It would be good to have some accurate numbers as to how many participants there will be.  So if you plan on signing up for AOTY, but haven't gotten around to it yet, please consider doing so soon.  It would really help the cause.

On a related note, AOTY is the only other significant fundraising we do other than site advertising.  All of AOTY money either goes to prizes or directly in support of the site.  So if you've ever felt the need to donate back to the site, this is the mechanism to do so, and you might just win a few prizes while you're at it.  Thanks.

-Allen

• Chris
  • True Life: I'm Addicted To Kayak Fishing
  • Date Registered: Jun 2012
I'd love to help support the cause in any way that I can. Are there any other goodies I can order? I already bought a NWKA shirt and Hawg Trough. I thought about making some hand bills or something with NWKA logos and website info on it. In the short time I have had my kayak I have gotten a lot of attention from curious passers by. It would be sweet to have some form of literature  stored in my car to hand them so they can check out the site on their own time. Has this already been done?
1st Place 2015 Chinook Showdown 
8th Place 2014 AOTD
1st Place 2013 AOTD                        
"Everyone should believe in something,  I believe I'll go fishing."

Sponsorship and Support:
Waxer's Surf Shop
Hobie Fishing Team
Lancer Jigs
Pro-Cure Scents

dberd

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: May 2011
PP,would love to donate to this site. However, I'm not planning on signing up for AOTY for a variety of reasons..(too many species to target,documentation hassle,probably not going to catch a fish,etc). Local public jazz station KMHD offers varying swag for different levels of donations. I would be willing to fling ya ,say $50 if it got me a t-shirt,hat or even a decal.That being said I'm sure the guys would rather have my money in the prize pool. Will do that if its the best choice....or maybe HOW instead?
" History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man"  BOC

revjcp

• Sturgeon
  • Don't judge me...
  • Date Registered: Apr 2012
Malibu Mini-X

Formers Rides...
OK Trident 13
Hobie Outback

micahgee

• Sturgeon
PP... (Snicker)

Very mature ;)

Seriously though AOTY is awesome!

Dberd HOW is a great cause for sure. I believe donations of gear are preferred because cash donations have to be sent to the National organisation itself.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:16:05 PM by micahgee »
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

akfishergal

• Salmon
  • Date Registered: Oct 2011
Thanks for the prompt, otherwise I wouldn't have paid up until I was actually back into fishing season.  I'm happy to support the site, be it through AOTY, T-shirts, stickers or something else.  What I gain from having access to the collective brain of the NWKA is without measure. 

PLUS... wouldn't it be a kick to beat the rest of the Alaskan guys?  Game on.

Romanian Redneck

• snoodleboob smoochy bear
  • Sturgeon
  • 2011 Hobie Outback & WS Tarpon 120
  • Date Registered: Feb 2012
I'd like some more shirts. I dunno if there at any left but I can bust out the PayPal right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RR's Channel         

"You break into my house, I will shoot you. My wife will shoot you and then spend thirty minutes telling you why she shot you."
- Jeff Foxworthy

Justin

• Sturgeon
I couldn't find my receipt, I almost signed up a second time. :P
aka - JoeSnuffy

Stand UP! Stand Up and Shout!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorsJustin?feature=mhee

rbchar

• Perch
  • Date Registered: Jun 2012
''On a related note, AOTY is the only other significant fundraising we do other than site advertising.  All of AOTY money either goes to prizes or directly in support of the site.  So if you've ever felt the need to donate back to the site, this is the mechanism to do so, and you might just win a few prizes while you're at it.''

Thank you, Allen for the input.
Being new to the site this is good info.
I don't fish enough to compete in the AOTY and be competitive, but as a fund raiser, no problem.
I'll be glad to support NWKA and I'll enter some fish.
Grant

Ling Banger

• Sturgeon
  • Date Registered: Feb 2010
PP... (Snicker)

Very mature ;)

Dberd HOW is a great cause for sure. I believe donations of gear are preferred because cash donations have to be sent to the National organisation itself.

HOW and NWKA/NCKA are strong supporters of one another, but totally separate entities.

AOTY provides the funds for NWKA site maintenance and activities.

Just so there's no confusion, any donations or portions thereof to HOW don't provide any help to NWKA. So if you really don't feel AOTY is for you, and you still really love NWKA, please contact PolePole directly and find another way to help keep the love flowing his way.

Also, HOW LOVES CASH. It's true that funds donated to local HOW chapters must be forwarded to the National Office, but it is kept in separate accounts and we just turn in requisitions and expense reports for the things we need. Just make sure you designate which local chapter in the memo line of your checks, or in the comments section  if you donate to HOW via PayPal.

"We're going to go fishing
And that's all there is to it." - R.P. McMurphy

Lee

• Iris
  • Sturgeon
  • Fuck Cancer!
  • Date Registered: Jul 2009
Also keep in mind, that if you want to donate to NWKA but don't want to participate in AOTY, you should still join up, as this helps Allen get more prizes for everyone that does want to compete.  In other words, you're helping out all the folks that post all the great information you like to read. 

micahgee

• Sturgeon
PP... (Snicker)

Very mature ;)

HOW and NWKA/NCKA are strong supporters of one another, but totally separate entities.

AOTY provides the funds for NWKA site maintenance and activities.

Just so there's no confusion, any donations or portions thereof to HOW don't provide any help to NWKA. So if you really don't feel AOTY is for you, and you still really love NWKA, please contact PolePole directly and find another way to help keep the love flowing his way.

Also, HOW LOVES CASH. It's true that funds donated to local HOW chapters must be forwarded to the National Office, but it is kept in separate accounts and we just turn in requisitions and expense reports for the things we need. Just make sure you designate which local chapter in the memo line of your checks, or in the comments section  if you donate to HOW via PayPal.

Ok thanks for clarifying.
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

www.heroesonthewater.org

dberd

• Salmon
Also keep in mind, that if you want to donate to NWKA but don't want to participate in AOTY, you should still join up, as this helps Allen get more prizes for everyone that does want to compete.  In other words, you're helping out all the folks that post all the great information you like to read. 
Thanks,guys....will probably go this route-just wanted to throw out other possibilities.Will also try to get a few clams in HOWs direction,too. If/when the salt addiction kicks in, maybe we'll give ya a run for your money ;D

IslandHoppa

• iHoppa
  • Sturgeon
Thanks Dberd. FYI, HOW has a Portland/Vancouver Chapter and a Northwest Chapter in Seattle area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iHop

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus

Hobie Tandem Island. OK Tetra 12, Jackson Coosa

dberd

• Salmon
 Alright,  I'm in  :)

anything